If you love to run, you probably recognize the need to exercise caution in certain circumstances. Road conditions, vehicles that may be sharing the road, and neighborhood dogs can all be concerns depending on where you choose to get your exercise in. Today, we’re going to look at 4 safety tips for runners if you tend to encounter dogs on your route.
- Stay alert – Most dog attacks can be avoided simply by keeping out of the animal’s way. Don’t stray into a private yard or run too close to someone who is struggling to control a dog.
- Change your route – If a neighborhood dog seems dangerous, you may want to consider mapping out a route that doesn’t go near his family home.
- Keep your distance – If you can safely cross the street or in some other way avoid a dog that has gotten lose, putting the most distance between the two of you is always a good idea.
- Know the signs – Are the dog’s hackles up? Is it growling? Is it trying to challenge you by locking stares? While you may sometimes encounter a friendly dog on your daily run, don’t engage a dog that is clearly looking for a fight.
If You Have Suffered a Dog Bite in Southern California
If you have suffered a dog bite in California while running or performing any other activity, you may be due compensation for medical bills or other losses you might have suffered. To learn more, contact the experienced personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm in San Diego by calling 619-344-0360.Read More
Some jobs are just more dangerous than others. However, you may be surprised to find out which career fields see the most claims. We’re going to take a look at five jobs that may not seem that dangerous at first glance but that result in a high percentage of claims according to California’s Department of Labor.
- Animal workers – Animals can be unpredictable. So whether your job is to feed, raise, or slaughter animals, you’re in one of the riskiest businesses in California.
- Messengers – Between UPS, FedEx, and the US postal office, there isn’t a huge private courier service population. But if you are the rare independent messenger, be careful. Injury rates are over 6%.
- Woodworking – If you work in manufacturing and deal with wood product assembly, you’re actually in the most dangerous manufacturing field.
- Air transport – Passengers may be far safer in the air than on land, but pilots, aircraft mechanics, and workers who transfer freight are all at high risk.
- Nursing and home care – This is the number one most dangerous job in California based on the sheer rate of injuries. And if you thought you were in danger working in the private sector, government employees face nearly double the risk of any other career in the state.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Southern California
If you have suffered a personal injury in or near the San Diego area, the experienced personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm are here to help. Just call 619-344-0360 to get started on your case today.Read More
When most people think of personal injury, they immediately focus on car accidents and slip and fall accidents. While these are two of the most common types of personal injuries that occur, they are far from being the only common ones. Here are 5 other injuries that frequently lead to suits in California.
- Work Injuries – Dangers on the job pose a real threat to workers. You don’t even have to be in a manual labor job to experience an injury at work. Office workers suffer injuries due to unsafe conditions as well.
- Defective Products – An accident can happen when a product is used improperly, but what if you were following the instructions to a T and are still injured? You may able to receive compensation, especially if a defect that the manufacturer should have known about is what resulted in the injury.
- Medical Malpractice – While there are some laws in place that protect medical professionals from frivolous claims, if you are the victim of negligence on the part of a medical professional, there are also laws that will allow you to receive due
- Dangerous Medications – Sometimes a medication makes it past the FDA, but further dangers are discovered once the product has been on the market for a time. If you were taking it with a prescription, this might give you grounds to file suit.
- Assault – If someone injuries you on purpose, you have the potential for making a claim. The assailant could be in for jail time as well as the potential for having to make financial compensation.
Personal Injury Claims in Southern California
If you have suffered a personal injury in the San Diego area, the attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help you to seek the compensation you deserve. To get your claim started, call 619-344-0360 today.Read More