The CDC used 2013 figures to illustrate just how much fatal car accidents cost California residents every year. We’re not talking about the emotional toll that these deaths take on families. These numbers strictly represent the financial toll. The figures may prove shocking to you.
- $38 Million – This represents the medical costs left behind by patients who died in car accidents in the state of California in 2013 alone.
- $4.44 Billion – This staggering number is the amount of work loss costs incurred by these accidental deaths. Take, for example, the husband, father, and businessman who doesn’t make it home from work one evening. His family has lost perhaps decades of his income.
Of course, there is no way to calculate the impact of such tragedies in mere numbers. That’s why wrongful death plaintiffs often receive more than just medical compensation and compensation for loss of future income. Pain and suffering, as well as emotional losses, also need to be considered, and that can lead to settlements that provide well for a family during the long time of emotional healing that needs to take place following such a catastrophe.
Compassionate Lawyers for Your Wrongful Death Case in California
Petrov Law Firm has the compassionate lawyers that you want on your side during a wrongful death suit. Please remember though that time is of the essence when you have a case like this. As a result, we encourage you not to delay in calling our San Diego office at 619-344-0360.Read More
When a car accident occurs, the priority is to care for the injured. Then it is time to assign blame. This can determine if someone gets ticketed, whose insurance is responsible for the bill, and even if a lawsuit will occur. Here are five reckless things that people do behind the wheel that lead to accidents.
- Alcohol – Don’t drink and drive is a slogan even children know by heart, but that doesn’t stop people from getting behind the wheel after they’ve had a few.
- Speeding – This is what is behind just about every accident on the road. Even if there are also other factors like poor road conditions or being distracted, many accidents could still be avoided if people just obeyed the speed limit.
- Smartphones – Texting while driving is illegal in almost every state (get with the program Arizona, Missouri, and Montana), but really any smartphone use is going to distract a driver. In California, any handheld use of a smartphone is banned while driving.
- Distractions – Besides just smartphones, there are a lot of other things people do while driving that distracts them. Everything from eating and drinking to smoking and applying makeup can lead to a motor vehicle accident.
- Red Lights – Red means stop. It doesn’t get any clearer. Whether a person is distracted, driving too fast, or trying to “squeeze the lemon” on a yellow light that is long gone, running a red light can turn into a serious accident in a hurry.
If You Have Been Injured in a Car Accident in California
If you have been injured in a car accident in California, the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help you to receive the proper compensation for your losses. Before you sign anything from an insurance company accepting a settlement, give us a call at 619-344-0360. We can help you to maximize your settlement and avoid being cheated by a lowball insurance settlement.Read More
With the shortest day of the year fast approaching, we find ourselves on the roads after dark more and more. If you are a motorcycle rider, how can you protect yourself during the more dangerous after dark hours? Here are three things that could save your life.
- Take the Best Route – During the day, feel free to take the scenic route. At night, the most important thing is visibility. You don’t get a lot of light from the single headlight on a motorcycle, so well-lit roads are the best for seeing obstacles. Well-lit areas also give you the best chance of other drivers seeing you.
- Wear Reflective Clothing – If you are wearing all black on a black bike, other drivers are likely not to see you even on a decently lit road. Especially at night, you want to have something reflective on you and on your bike. When another driver’s lights are on you, they should be able to see you right away.
- Ride Slow – Speeding is the most common cause of accidents for drivers of just about any type of vehicle. You should always obey the speed limit, but be sure to drive the right speed for the conditions (darkness, bad weather, etc.) even if that means going a little slower than you prefer.
Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers in San Diego
If you have suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident in the state of California, especially if you are in the San Diego area, contact the personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience and know-how to ensure your settlement includes compensation for all of your injury-related loses. To learn more, call 619-344-0360 now.Read More
Lane-splitting is a controversial topic in the state of California, especially since legislation was recently passed that basically legalizes it without saying so directly. At the same time, there aren’t a lot of rules in place regarding this dangerous practice. If you choose to drive your motorcycle in this manner, here are a few tips that may help to protect you.
- Beware of Mirrors – Car mirrors are basically your worst enemy while lane-splitting because they can suddenly swing in from either side. If a driver is stuck and traffic and wants a better view of what’s up ahead, he is unlikely to check for a lane-splitting motorist beforehand, so have to be ready to maneuver quickly.
- Don’t Ride the Paint – This is especially true when the roads are wet. The paint gets slick first. So even when driving between cars, try to avoid riding the dashed line directly and keep to one side or the other.
- Stick to a Lane – Adding to the danger of lane-splitting is switching between which lanes you are splitting. Try to pick a lane and stick to it so cars up ahead at least have a chance of seeing you and giving you room.
If You Have Been Injured in a Motorcycle Accident
The fact is that if you are in an accident while lane-splitting, you are not necessarily at fault since there is no particular law against it. However, you may need help in defending yourself against an insurance company that wants to pin the blame on you and refuse to payout. Petrov Law Firm can help you to seek a settlement for your injuries. We have experienced personal injury attorneys who can help you to get the law on your side. Contact us today at 619-344-0360.Read More
Motorcycle accidents result in thousands of injuries and hundreds of deaths each year in Southern California. We would like to provide our readers with 5 helpful suggestions to keep you safe on the road this summer.
- Practice Defensive Driving – While motorists should look out for motorcyclists, many have never ridden a motorbike and are unaware of the differences in handling and braking. To protect yourself, you have to watch out for other drivers and expect them to pull out in front of you or not see you passing.
- Keep Your Bike in Top Condition – Any vehicle becomes dangerous if it is not kept in top working order, but even more so with a motorcycle. Be sure to keep tires properly inflated, check your lights, turn signals and horn regularly to make sure they all work, and never ride if the brakes are not functioning optimally.
- Wear Protective Gear – No matter how confident you are in your riding ability, never get on the road without your helmet. Full-face helmets offer the best protection. Gloves, a reinforced jacket, and full-length pants can make a big difference in the outcome of an accident. You should consider wearing reflective clothing if you will be out after dark.
- Check the Weather – Motorcycles become exponentially more dangerous in inclement weather. Always check the forecast before you leave to make sure you will arrive safely before any bad weather hits. If you do get caught out in the rain, be sure to dial everything back and leaves lots of extra braking room or find a safe place to pull off the road until the storm is over.
If You Are Injured in a Motorcycle Accident
Despite your best efforts, accidents can happen. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact Petrov Law Firm. Our personal injury attorneys can help you to receive the settlement you deserve from the insurance company to cover your medical expenses and other damages. Call 619-344-0360 to get started today.Read More
What is lane-splitting? Perhaps you’ve noticed in heavy traffic that is slow moving or stopped, motorcycles will sometimes drive on the dashed line between lanes to pass vehicles. You’ve probably seen it happen often enough that you may have already thought this was a legal maneuver. Recently, California law has acknowledged this practice for the first time, authorizing the California Highway Patrol to develop safety guidelines regarding lane-splitting. The bill does everything but plainly say the practice is legal.
What Does This Mean for Drivers?
It’s already important to look out for motorcyclists. One study performed in California revealed that nearly 6,000 motorcycle accidents occurred in a 15-month period. Interesting, about 17% of those accidents were related to lane-splitting. Now that the practice has been all but legalized, vehicle drivers need to be more conscious of this maneuver than ever.
Regardless of how you feel about the safety of the practice, its acceptance by California legislation could lead to larger settlements for motorcyclists injured while lane-splitting legally.
If You Have Been Injured While Lane-Splitting
If you are a motorcyclist who has been injured while lane-splitting legally, you may be deserving of compensation from the offending driver or from an insurance company. Whether your bike is damaged, you have mounting medical bills, or you need compensation for the pain and suffering you sustained due to the accident, Petrov Law Firm can help you to receive your due compensation. Call 619-344-0360 to get your claim started today.Read More
Head injuries are the primary form of trauma to look for after a motorcycle accident. Even if you feel fine at the scene, it’s still a good idea to get checked out by a medical professional. If you’ve been in an accident, even if you were given a clean bill of health initially, here are a few signs that indicate things are not okay.
Signs of a Concussion or Other Head Injury
Here are four warning signs that you may have suffered a greater injury than you thought:
- Nausea and vomiting – Granted, anxiety related to an accident can cause this condition as well, but you should see a doctor to rule out internal bleeding.
- Sudden exhaustion – If you are struggling to stay awake immediately following an accident, that’s a bad sign. The adrenaline from the traumatic experience should have you wide awake.
- Problems with speech – If you are suddenly experiencing difficulty coming up with the right word or people say your sentences sound like nonsense, it could be a sign of a traumatic brain injury. Concussions often cause problems with speech or language.
- Concentration issues – If you are suddenly having trouble concentrating after the accident or you find yourself just wandering aimlessly, this could indicate head trauma.
Seeking Due Compensation After a Head Injury
Be sure to contact us at the Petrov Law Firm if you have been in a motorcycle accident in southern California. You can reach our experienced personal injury attorneys by calling 619-344-0360. We can help you receive the compensation you deserve after a head injury.Read More
Motorcycle accidents are on the rise, making motorcycle safety more important than ever. As a new motorcyclist, you should be aware of some essential life-saving tips. For seasoned drivers, it is always a good idea to be reminded of some precautions to take to stay safe on the road with other vehicles and drivers.
As a motorcyclist, you do not have the protection of a metal frame and automatic airbags around you. Therefore, safety on the road begins with you:
-Invest in your livelihood by taking a qualified motorcycle training course. Safety experts will provide you with hands-on instruction to help you avoid accidents.
-Wear protective equipment when riding. Helmets save lives so be sure to pick one that provides optimum protection. Motorcycle riding clothes are specially designed to help break your tumbles and bumps and act as a tough outer layer. Having brightly colored pieces also does not hurt. This gets others to notice you on the road as a good number of accidents occur due to drivers not seeing or noticing the motorcyclist. Being properly equipped to ride can be the difference between life and death.
On the road, there are many objects, both moving and static, that can inflict severe harm on you should you collide with them:
-Assume you are invisible. The unfortunate reality is that most vehicle drivers do not always pay attention or notice motorcyclists sharing the road with them. Use defensive driving techniques and keep a safe distance away from drivers who seem distracted (whether it be with other passengers, on the phone, or listening to loud music).
-Avoid driving in others’ blind spots.
-At a red traffic light or stop sign, pull to one side of the lane to avoid being accidentally rear-ended by the unaware motorist coming from behind.
-Proceed through intersections with caution and if possible, ride alongside a large vehicle for cover.
-Always have an escape route to either side should other drivers behave unpredictably.
There are many ways to stay safe on the road as a motorcyclist. Of course, mastering safe driving techniques comes with experience. Your life is more valuable than your bike so if you come across a situation where your bike can act as a buffer and you can safely get away on foot, do so without hesitation.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident, contact a personal injury lawyer and receive advice on how to proceed. Motorcyclists tend to sustain severe injuries when they get into an accident so it is important to seek legal counsel to ensure all dimensions of the case are addressed and taken care of.Read More
Motorcyclists don’t have the best reputation for their driving habits; and it’s a reputation they don’t always deserve. For example, they do have the legal right to drive their motorcycles between cars in traffic. But some drivers find this behavior frustrating and startling. Motorcyclist aren’t shy about hiring lawyers, so if you’ve been in an accident with a motorcyclist, contact a lawyer immediately. Leaving the case to no one but your insurance company could cost you thousands of dollars.
Motorcyclists know their reputation and they are easily frustrated by other drivers on the road. Because of this on-going contentiousness with other drivers, motorcyclists are quick to turn to a lawyer when involved in a car accident. Even when motorcyclists are clearly at fault, they tend to hire lawyers after any accident — they know law enforcement agencies have a tendency to side with the vehicle drivers. The motorcyclists want to ensure there is no favoritism when assigning blame for damages.
Knowing and understanding motorcycle driving laws is a special skill. Not all insurance adjusters, police officers, and judges have a full grasp of those specific laws. You will need a lawyer to make sure any claims about the accident conform to the existing laws about motorcycle behavior.Read More
How to win your Personal Injury Case from a San Diego Car Accident Attorney.
Definitely, the charges you need to pay out will change in between diverse companies and for that reason it could be good for commit a while exploring. Make an effort to immediate your attention especially on insurance firms that give attention to large-risk drivers and collect several estimates to test. By gathering several is pricing you gives your good chance of discovering one thing inexpensive.
Who is considered among large-danger motorists? A person once you have a driving permit and purchasing a preliminary vehicle is always to underwrite car insurance even though it is round the expensive facet due to an absence of traveling expertise. That is what tends to make insurance required for not skilled car owners as when compared with knowledgeable types. The teens generating their initial car are to begin with being involved inside. Folks below 18 years as well as elderly people over 70 many years meet some limitations, getting thought to be higher-danger individuals. That’s not valid simply because some nicely-knowledgeable drivers just have a lower-price auto insurance strategy. Our San Diego Accident Attorney can help.
Regularly, higher-risk drivers’ school consists of previous transgression and mishaps. If the licence was stopped or hanging or takes a SR-22 to be reinstated, The Cars Sign up inside your condition will state you should you like a SR-22 policy. So that you can get causing you to be should get all required paperwork what can be completed using on the web car insurance consultation services. How about driving while impaired or Driving under the influence, it is type of important crime for insurance carrier. From permit headgear, attorney charges and fees, you will discover much more lengthy-work outcomes, like influence on your insurance policy expense and protection. Our San Diego Car Accident Lawyers can help.
It cannot be described as a bad aspect to behave in order to improve your document. Make sure you simply push securely while all present seat tickets in your document learn to expire. Simultaneously, basically get more information secure traveling strategies and habits. This can be done strictly making use of your very own will in addition to via going for a basic safety generating training course. Frequently happening one of these brilliant which is of a specific insurance carrier can help you decrease the expense of the prices as well. Our Car Accident Lawyer San Diego can help.
Definitely you should hunt for methods for discovering savings. Phone up many different insurance providers and find out in case you be eligible for an any kind of discount in your coverage. On the list of major special discounts you could are able to get would be the home and vehicle bundle – if you purchase an insurance plan concentrating on the same organization you’ll want the ability to decrease the cost of both. Our Car Accident Attorney in San Diego can help.
You might be capable of have a discount for masking many different cars beneath the exact same policy. In the event the is applicable to merely you’ve got various charge cards to insure have a tendency to ask for concerning this lower price. Additionally, it’s also possible to get secure car owner savings. It may be accomplished by making sure your automobile has all of the necessary safety measures and zero-robbery features set up. Talk to our Car Accident Attorney in San Diego for help.
Certainly, your credit history, as outlined above, can play a role as well. When you have a low credit score it’s sensible to do something to be able to improve your payment history. This can usually allow you to increase your charges. Our Accident Attorney in San Diego has the expertise to help.
Additionally, constantly take into account the amount that you just pay out around the insurance deductible which has been arranged towards the plan. Although it may appear a little hazardous, establishing a lot better insurance deductible is something which will typically result in significantly lower rates each month. We are the best Accident Lawyers in San Diego.
Additionally it is apt to be sensible to pay for the complete some of the coverage the minute you’re provided it. Never pay month to month or pick an additional schedule since this will lead to extra expenses. Our Accident Lawyer in San Diego is the best ever.
In United kingdom, you’ll find ample injuries attorneys. Even though you will discover a lot of individuals attorneys that are not trustworthy, you will discover nevertheless several attorneys who you can be confident. It is possible to attain the guidelines to search for the most suitable attorney in your case in this post.Correct the following is how to find excellent injuries lawyer:
Identify your needs – Just before the quest for a fantastic solicitor, it could be good for you in the event you seize a pencil plus a guide to generate reduce your legal wants. It might be far better should you also list reduce the options that you simply think a great legal professional should have got. To accomplish this, it’s also possible to the functions that should not be held with a good legal professional. By causing men and women databases, you are going to discover things you need much better and lastly give you for the aim to identify an excellent attorney quicker.
Although the search results is extremely good at having the report on available lawyers, you have to perform a little research since the final results might be a very extended listing. The majority of the legal professionals use internet to advertise their solutions, so it may be not a problem that you should find their web sites. However, you shouldn’t fill a lot of certain keywords and phrases within a lookup since the outcomes will likely be extremely reduced.
Get totally free authorized help – Different to many people feel, totally free legal assist can be very useful. A reverse phone lookup emerges by many people honest lawyers in United kingdom, particularly those who are searching for new business. The service usually supply you with the possibility of ‘no win no fee’ service without compulsory providers. No earn free websites are quite personal explanatory you should not invest in your legal professional in case you shed your situation.
Knowing is energy. This is exactly why you must know much more about extra risks adolescent automobile insurance. Sometimes you may will need an additional information regarding drunk driving automobile insurance fees. To generate your best option – go to Car Insurance Information. For the best San Diego Auto Accident Attorney visit thecplawfirm.com.