If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, the first thing on your mind is probably receiving the proper medical attention. That is the right priority. Is there anything else you should think about while you are waiting for medical services to arrive? Here are a couple of reminders.
- If you can, take pictures of the conditions that led to the injury. Was the floor wet? Was the wet floor sign placed in a way that obscured its view from the direction you were walking? Was there some old carpet that had become bunched up? Was there some broken walkway in need of repairs?
- Report the injury and how it occurred to the owner of the location (or a manager on duty). Also, you should report how the injury occurred to the medical professional who treats your injuries so that there is a record of how it happened. Finally, be sure to report the facts to a California personal injury attorney so you can attempt to get compensation for your medical bills and any other losses you may suffer as a result of the injury.
The Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Trust in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm is your source for representation in personal injury cases in southern California. We have the experienced attorneys you need when you are recovering from an injury, are burdened with medical bills, and may have missed work due to the injury. Call 619-344-0360 today in order to schedule a consultation.Read More
Distracted drivers cause accidents that can lead to serious injury or even fatalities. How can you protect yourself and your passengers? While you can’t control other drivers, you can do your best to ensure that you are not distracted while operating your vehicle. Here are some common distractions to avoid.
- Phone – Whether a person is using a phone legally or illegally, it is still a distraction. The best thing to do is let a passenger hold your phone during the drive. If you are alone, any calls or texts can wait. If you are expecting an important call, be prepared to pull over.
- Dashboard dining – Eating at the wheel can be a big distraction, especially if it is something like a big messy burger, which is what most people stop for when on the road. Try to eat before you leave for a drive and plan time to stop and get out during long trips. It will be good to stretch your legs anyway, and it’s safer than eating and driving.
- Media – From books, magazines, and newspapers to music and video content, we are inundated with media on a daily basis. Music isn’t a bad form of media for a drive as long as you are not distracted playing with the radio dials. Reading and watching videos should wait until you arrive at your destination.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys in San Diego
If you have been injured by a distracted driver, you need the help of our California personal injury attorneys. Call Petrov Law Firm today at 619-344-0360 to learn how we can help to ensure that you receive a fair settlement.Read More
In one recent year, bicycle accidents cost the US economy $222 million dollars in lost work and medical bills. Do you regularly ride a bike for recreation or for your work commute? If so, follow these simple tips to reduce the risk of accident and injury.
- Assume drivers don’t see you – Sadly, most drivers are too distracted to notice a cyclist. Whether it is a smartphone or just their own thoughts that are getting in the way, you need to ride defensively and assume drivers haven’t noticed you.
- Signal when turning – This is a bit of a two-edged sword. You need to use hand signals to let drivers know when you are making a turn, but you also have to ride like drivers won’t understand your hand signals. So use the signals, but don’t rely on them. Even better – get actual signal lights for your bike.
- Wear something reflective – This is especially important if you ride at night. Reflective clothes make drivers more likely to see you. Head and tail lights for your bike help even more.
Hopefully, these tips can help keep you safe. However, if you become the victim of a bike accident injury, we’re here to help.
Bike Accident Injury Attorneys in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm has the caring personal injury attorneys that you want on your side when you have been the victim of an accident. Contact us today by calling 619-344-0360 to learn how we can help you to receive compensation for your medical bills and lost wages.Read More
If you have been injured and are seeking compensation, there are a few things that your personal injury attorney will need to know in order to assist you. Here are the most important things to keep in mind.
- How were you injured? – There are a number of ways that you could have suffered your injury. Everything from a car accident or a dog attack to a slip and fall or medical malpractice may call for compensation, but the rules regarding each type of case vary.
- How long ago were you injured? – Unfortunately, some victims wait months or even years before seeking legal Since the statute of limitations is different for various causes of injury, you don’t want to seek a settlement after it is too late.
- Who is the responsible party? – Obviously, you can’t seek compensation if you hurt yourself, but in many cases, there is another party that is to blame for the injury. Whether it is a driver on a cell phone or a company that sold a product they knew was defective, you don’t want to go into a settlement alone or you are sure to receive a minimal offer.
The Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Trust
For trustworthy personal injury attorneys, contact Petrov Law Firm in San Diego. Our experience in helping clients receive settlements in personal injury cases can help you to maximize the compensation you receive. Before you sign anything from the offending party, call 619-344-0360 to schedule a consultation.Read More
Fault in California car accidents is how the courts determine which driver’s insurance covers medical bills and other expenses. Here are some of the mistakes drivers make that can lead to serious car accidents that are completely their fault.
- Driving under the influence – Whether it is alcohol, drugs, or even some forms of prescription medication, it is always illegal to be under the influence while driving. This is particularly important to remember for drivers who were happy to see marijuana legalized in the state. Remember: it is still illegal to use marijuana while driving, to have marijuana open and accessible in the vehicle, or to be under the influence of this drug while driving.
- Speeding – This the leading cause of car accidents, including fatal accidents. Always obey the posted speed limit, especially in road construction areas.
- Distracted driving – While smartphones are the number one distraction in our technological era, there are many other ways to be distracted while driving. Everything from lighting up a cigarette to putting the finishing touches on makeup can be what takes a driver’s eyes off the road long enough for an accident to occur.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If you have been injured in a car accident, the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help. Insurance companies always want to settle for the lowest amount possible to protect their profits, so you want an experienced lawyer in your corner to help maximize your settlement. Before you agree to anything, call 619-344-0360 to learn how we can help.Read More
If you have children, it is important to teach them safety around dogs, even if your family has a docile pet in the home. According to Canine Journal, Americans are twice as likely to be killed by a bee as a dog, and 20 times more likely to be killed by a gun, but that doesn’t mean you should be unprepared. Here are some facts about dog bites that can help you teach your children.
- In 25% of fatal dog attacks, the dog is chained up. That makes it vital to instruct your children not to approach chained dogs. The chain is there for a reason.
- While pit bulls have a terrible reputation as being the most dangerous breed, there are other dog breeds that are known to bite. Another common breed is German shepherds, which can be very protective.
- Most dogs that bite have not been neutered or spayed, so always have the family pet fixed to reduce the risks.
- Insurance companies paid out over half a billion dollars in claims due to dog bites in 2017 alone, so if you suffer an injury from someone else’s dog, you may be able to seek compensation.
If You or a Family Member Has Been Injured in a Dog Attack
If you or a loved one have been injured by a dog, you need the help of the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. Medical bills can really add up after a dog bite, and the owner’s insurance may compensate you depending on the circumstances. To see if you should pursue a settlement, contact us today at 619-344-0360.Read More
When someone is injured, you may wonder who should be held responsible for the medical bills and other losses the injured person may have experienced. Let’s see how this question applies to some of the more common ways in which individuals are injured in Southern California.
- Car Accidents – Automotive accident injuries are extremely common and often lead to major medical expenses. However, California is a fault state, so liability is determined by the percent of fault the various parties share.
- Slip and Fall Injuries – Whether you slip on wet tile or trip over a run in the carpet, what needs to be determined is whether the property owner caused the issue, knew about the issue, and had enough time to respond to the issue.
- Dog Attacks – Dog bites are probably more common than you think. Children are the most likely to be bitten, so it is vital to monitor the interactions between children and animals. If a dog bite occurs, the owner may be culpable depending on the circumstances.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Southern California
If you have been injured in any of the ways mentioned in this article, the personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm can help. We have experience in helping the victims of car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and dog bites receive a proper settlement. To learn more, schedule a consultation with our conveniently located San Diego and Chula Vista offices today. Just call 619-344-0360 to get started.Read More
Slip and fall accidents happen all the time, but not every case leads to a settlement. If you want to seek compensation for your losses, including medical bills, then there are a few things that you have to be able to prove. Here are the three proofs you need to ensure the property owner will have to pay out.
- The owner or someone in his or her employ created the dangerous condition that led to the fall. This is the first requirement because you can’t hold the owner responsible for something that was your fault. If you spill a soda and then slip on the ice, you can’t hold someone else accountable for that.
- The owner or someone in his or her employ was aware the situation existed and didn’t do anything to correct it. Now let’s take things one step further. Let’s say someone else spills a drink right in front of you and you slip on it. That’s still not the owner’s fault. There was no time to discover the danger and correct it. However, if an employee saw the spill, went to get a mop, got distracted, and just left it there for a few minutes, now there was clearly time for someone to do something about it.
- The owner or someone is his or her in employ should have known about the dangers. What if there was uneven pavement on the front walkway of a building? It could have been there for years. There is no way the owner can say that he or she didn’t know about the problem, even if they only come to the property occasionally.
Getting Justice When You Suffer a Slip and Fall Injury in Southern California
Even if the company’s liability insurance is going to cover the claim, they will still want to get away with settling for as little as possible. Before you sign anything, call the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm in San Diego. We can help you to maximize your settlement. Schedule a consultation by calling 619-344-0360 today.Read More
No one wants to be in a car accident, and that is why Petrov Law Firm offers safe driving advice. Here are a few tips for driving when road conditions are the most dangerous.
- Rain – Sometimes we forget that rain can make the roadways very slick. Be sure to leave extra space between you and other drivers, especially at highway speeds, and slow down more than usual when taking corners so you don’t hydroplane.
- Dark – Driving at night can make it difficult to see road hazards as well as pedestrians who may not be properly dressed for a nighttime walk. Keep your headlights in good shape and be sure to switch from hi-beams to low-beams for oncoming drivers.
- Construction – Speeding in a construction area could lead to having the blood of a construction worker on your hands. Always follow posted instructions when driving in a construction area. Even if no accident occurs, remember that penalties for breaking the speed limit are much greater in construction areas.
- Potholes – A pothole can destroy your tire. If you can avoid a pothole safely, do so. If not, it is best to strike the hole straight on and as slow as possible. The side walls of your tires are weaker, so a last-minute turn of the wheel could result in a blowout. If a warning light comes on after going through a pothole or if you feel a wobble, pull over immediately to check your tires.
California Car Accident Injury Lawyers
If you do find yourself needing a California car accident injury attorney, contact the Petrov Law Firm at 619-344-0360. We can help you to maximize your settlement and get the compensation that you deserve.Read More
Do you ride your bike to commute to work in San Diego, or even just as a hobby? If so, you want to be as safe as possible. While drivers are supposed to share the road with bicycles, people are more distracted than ever, and that can lead to some serious injuries. Here are a few ways to protect yourself on the road.
- Watch for drivers making right turns. Since bike lanes are usually on the right and cyclists tend to stick toward this side of the road anyway, you are at greatest risk when a driver is making a right-hand If he or she doesn’t see you, they may try to turn with you right alongside them.
- Exiting the Bike Lane. When the bike lane ends or when you need to leave the bike lane to make a turn, use extra caution. It is legal for you to leave the bike lane when approaching a place that drivers can turn right. Moving into the vehicle lane will alert drivers to your presence and protect you from the danger mentioned in point one.
- When a Stoplight Turns Green. Don’t assume that driver next to you sees you or that they are using a turn signal properly. Always assume that the driver is going to punch it and make a right-hand turn in front of you when the light turns green. Better safe than sorry.
If You Have Been Injured in Bicycle Accident in California
If you are a cyclist who has been injured by a driver in California, seek the help of the experienced personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm. We can help you get started on your case today. All you need to do is call 619-344-0360 to schedule an appointment.Read More