If you have been injured, you may wonder how you will receive compensation for your medical bills, lost work, and other expenses that you incur. The solution will be related to the answers to the following three questions.
What Type of Injury Did You Suffer?
There are a number of different ways that may have sustained a personal injury. Some of these possibilities include:
- Car accidents
- Dog or other animal bites
- Slip and fall accidents
The way you were injured is important because different California state laws will dictate who is at fault for the injury and how the expenses will be covered.
When Did the Injury Occur?
Why is the timing of the injury important? It is because California state law has a statute of limitations on seeking compensation for an accident that leads to injury. As a result, it is important to seek legal assistance as soon as you can following such an injury.
Who Is Responsible for the Injury?
Finally, you need to determine if there was any fault or negligence on the part of someone else that led to your injury. Most defending lawyers in a personal injury case will try to make a case that blame is shared due to various factors. You want someone in your corner who can ensure you are fully compensated for your losses.
Personal Injury Lawyers in San Diego, California
If you have been injured in southern California, contact the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience and ability to help you maximize your settlement. Call 619-344-0360 today to get started.Read More
When a person is injured, a question often arises as to who is responsible for medical bills and other losses that may be suffered. We’re going to take a closer look at three of the most common types of personal injury cases in the state of California.
#1 Vehicular Accidents
Injuries in auto accidents are very common. Whether the person who is injured is a driver, passenger, or pedestrian, it calls into question who is at fault and which insurance company is responsible for the damages.
#2 Dog Bites
Dog bites are extremely common injuries, and sadly, many of the victims are children. It is important always to monitor children playing with pets, especially dogs. However, if an injury occurs, it may call into question whether the dog’s owner is responsible.
#3 Slip and Fall Accidents
From tripping over a break in the sidewalk to slipping on a wet floor, there are all sorts of ways that people end up in trip and fall accidents. Is the injury the fault of the property owner? There are a number of considerations that come into play to determine whether there is any fault or negligence.
San Diego’s Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in the state of California in one of these common types of occurrences, then we encourage you to talk to our attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. By calling 619-344-0360, you get the legal help you need along with the compassion you deserve. Find out why our clients are confident we are interested not just in cases but in people.Read More
With the shortest day of the year fast approaching, we find ourselves on the roads after dark more and more. If you are a motorcycle rider, how can you protect yourself during the more dangerous after dark hours? Here are three things that could save your life.
- Take the Best Route – During the day, feel free to take the scenic route. At night, the most important thing is visibility. You don’t get a lot of light from the single headlight on a motorcycle, so well-lit roads are the best for seeing obstacles. Well-lit areas also give you the best chance of other drivers seeing you.
- Wear Reflective Clothing – If you are wearing all black on a black bike, other drivers are likely not to see you even on a decently lit road. Especially at night, you want to have something reflective on you and on your bike. When another driver’s lights are on you, they should be able to see you right away.
- Ride Slow – Speeding is the most common cause of accidents for drivers of just about any type of vehicle. You should always obey the speed limit, but be sure to drive the right speed for the conditions (darkness, bad weather, etc.) even if that means going a little slower than you prefer.
Motorcycle Accident Injury Lawyers in San Diego
If you have suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident in the state of California, especially if you are in the San Diego area, contact the personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm. We have the experience and know-how to ensure your settlement includes compensation for all of your injury-related loses. To learn more, call 619-344-0360 now.Read More
A scooter can be a great way to beat the traffic and enjoy your commute in San Diego. Regardless of the reason you are on the road with a Vespa, moped, or scooter, we want you to be safe. Here are 3 tips to help you avoid injury with enjoying your motorized bike.
- Wear the Proper Safety Gear – You may not be able to go as fast on a moped as a motorcycle, but you should still always wear your helmet and other protective gear. This can increase the odd of surviving an accident.
- Drive Defensively – You have to assume other drivers can’t see you, especially those in higher vehicles like SUVs, vans, or trucks. Even if the vehicle is directly behind you, if they are following too close, they may struggle to slow down as fast as you, so avoid braking too quickly.
- Always Signal When Turning – Again, slow down well ahead of turns to avoid braking hard if someone is behind you. Always use your signal lights. If the type of scooter you are on doesn’t have signal lights and you can’t add them aftermarket, be sure to use the proper hand signals.
If You Have Been Injured in a Scooter Accident
The personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm recognize that being in an accident can be a highly traumatic event, especially if you have been injured. We want to help you to receive due compensation for medical bills, missed work, and pain and suffering caused by any injuries. Before signing anything from an insurance company or accepting a settlement, be sure to call us at 619-344-0360.Read More