Causes for Trip and Fall Injuries in Southern California
A trip and fall accident involves stumbling over something or perhaps not raising the foot high enough to get over the hazard. What types of injuries are common in this sort of accident and what are some of the most common causes in Southern California?
Trip and Fall Injuries
When a person trips and falls, certain parts of the body are more prone to injury. Some of the more common injuries include:
- Face – If caught completely unaware, you may not have the chance to stop yourself from going face first into the ground.
- Fractures in the hand, wrist, or arm – Your first instinct when tripping is probably to throw your arms in front of you stop yourself from hitting your head. This is how most people sustain hand and arm injuries.
- Knee injuries – In a less severe accident, you may not go all the way to the ground. However, landing on one or both knees can still do a lot of damage.
Causes of Trip and Fall Accidents
Here are a few of the common ways that trip and fall injuries occur:
- An item left where it doesn’t belong
- A high door jamb
- An unmarked step up or down
- Uneven concrete or pavement
- Bunched up carpet
What to Do if You Suffer an Injury Due to a Trip and Fall in Southern California
Trip and fall accidents can happen to anyone. If you have suffered an injury and need compensation for medical costs and other losses, please contact the personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm by calling 619-344-0360.