When someone is injured, you may wonder who should be held responsible for the medical bills and other losses the injured person may have experienced. Let’s see how this question applies to some of the more common ways in which individuals are injured in Southern California.
- Car Accidents – Automotive accident injuries are extremely common and often lead to major medical expenses. However, California is a fault state, so liability is determined by the percent of fault the various parties share.
- Slip and Fall Injuries – Whether you slip on wet tile or trip over a run in the carpet, what needs to be determined is whether the property owner caused the issue, knew about the issue, and had enough time to respond to the issue.
- Dog Attacks – Dog bites are probably more common than you think. Children are the most likely to be bitten, so it is vital to monitor the interactions between children and animals. If a dog bite occurs, the owner may be culpable depending on the circumstances.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Southern California
If you have been injured in any of the ways mentioned in this article, the personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm can help. We have experience in helping the victims of car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and dog bites receive a proper settlement. To learn more, schedule a consultation with our conveniently located San Diego and Chula Vista offices today. Just call 619-344-0360 to get started.Read More
When most people think of personal injury, they immediately focus on car accidents and slip and fall accidents. While these are two of the most common types of personal injuries that occur, they are far from being the only common ones. Here are 5 other injuries that frequently lead to suits in California.
- Work Injuries – Dangers on the job pose a real threat to workers. You don’t even have to be in a manual labor job to experience an injury at work. Office workers suffer injuries due to unsafe conditions as well.
- Defective Products – An accident can happen when a product is used improperly, but what if you were following the instructions to a T and are still injured? You may able to receive compensation, especially if a defect that the manufacturer should have known about is what resulted in the injury.
- Medical Malpractice – While there are some laws in place that protect medical professionals from frivolous claims, if you are the victim of negligence on the part of a medical professional, there are also laws that will allow you to receive due
- Dangerous Medications – Sometimes a medication makes it past the FDA, but further dangers are discovered once the product has been on the market for a time. If you were taking it with a prescription, this might give you grounds to file suit.
- Assault – If someone injuries you on purpose, you have the potential for making a claim. The assailant could be in for jail time as well as the potential for having to make financial compensation.
Personal Injury Claims in Southern California
If you have suffered a personal injury in the San Diego area, the attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help you to seek the compensation you deserve. To get your claim started, call 619-344-0360 today.Read More