Car accidents may not seem to leave any damage at first, but it is always important to be examined by a medical professional just in case an underlying injury occurred. Before you reach a settlement, here are five symptoms to watch out for.
- Migraines or Headaches – This can be an indicator of head or neck trauma. You may be experiencing post-concussion syndrome (PCS).
- Vertigo – Another indicator of PCS, whiplash can also lead to vertigo (A false sensation of movement that often presents as the feeling that the room is spinning.
- Diminished Cognitive Function – Memory and ability to focus, in particular, may be affected.
- Mood Swings or Irritability – Most people do not recognize this symptom in themselves, so don’t ignore it if a family member or co-worker mentions that you have been acting funny, perhaps a little more irritable than usual.
- Insomnia – This can be a symptom of PTSD (you may have nightmares about the accident), but it can also indicate PCS.
If any of these symptoms arise in the weeks or months following a car accident, be sure to go back to the doctor for an examination. Worry about getting well first, but you should also hire a personal injury attorney to help you maximize your settlement.
Southern California’s Personal Injury Attorneys
At Petrov Law Firm, we specialize in helping the victims of car accidents to recover their losses. Car insurance companies always try to pay out as little as they can. The right support can help you to get compensated for your medical bills as well as things like lost wages and emotional pain and suffering. To learn more, call us today at 619-344-0360.Read More
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may be eligible to receive damages, especially if the other driver was negligent. What types of damages can be received? Here is a list of the losses you may be compensated for:
- Property damage – If your vehicle has been damaged, this can help to offset repairs. If it is damaged beyond repair, you should be compensated well enough to acquire a comparable vehicle.
- Medical bills – You should be compensated for existing medical bills as well as those you expect to accrue following the settlement.
- Lost wages – You may have already missed some work due to injuries. You may not even be able to work anymore. This will also factor into the settlement amount.
- Pain and suffering – Not all of your losses are material. What if you suffered emotional distress due to the accident? If you are now disabled or suffering from disfigurement, it may be difficult to place a monetary value on these damages. However, they should definitely be factored into the total.
Help in Receiving the Damages You Are Owed
If you have been in a car accident in the state of California, Petrov Law Firm can help you to receive the appropriate compensation. Never agree to a settlement before getting the assistance of a personal injury attorney so that the insurance company cannot shortchange you. Call our San Diego office at 619-344-0360 before you sign anything or accept any money. We are here to help!Read More
If you’ve ever been in a car accident and received a settlement, the rising car insurance premiums may not be a surprise to you. However, if you have been accident-free for years, you may be wondering what you’re paying all that money for. Here are 3 reasons that car insurance rates continue to rise.
- Medical Costs Are Up – In an at-fault state like California, car insurance companies are expected to pay medical bills when their driver is at fault in an accident. That means they get stuck with the bill for their own driver and the one whom he or she hit. Since medical costs continue to rise, car insurance companies have to continue increasing their rates to keep up and make a profit.
- Car Repair Costs Have Skyrocketed – According to a 2016 report, California has the highest average repair cost when it comes to a check engine light ($435), so you can imagine what it must cost to do body work on a vehicle that has been in an accident.
- Increased Accidents and Injuries – According to the California Highway Patrol, injuries started back on the upswing in 2014 following a downward trend for several years. The more injuries that occur in accidents, the more the insurance companies are paying out.
Getting Help with Your Injury Claim
Of course, just because insurance companies are charging more doesn’t mean they want to pay out a penny more than they can get away with. That’s why you want an experienced personal injury attorney in your corner if you are ever injured in a car accident. Petrov Law Firm can help you to maximize your insurance settlement in the state of California. Call us today at 619-344-0360 to get started.Read More
Driving is dangerous enough when driving back and forth to places you’ve been dozens of times. Add the uncertainty of not knowing the roads well, and you have a recipe for disaster. You may be tempted to solve the problem by just following a friend, but a recent study revealed that this may be a dangerous way to get where you are going.
Why Following Another Car Is Dangerous
The study revealed what would be expected – the following driver is afraid of losing the lead driver and takes risks to keep up. For example, if the lead driver goes through a yellow light, the following driver may go through a red light to maintain direct sight of the other car. Other issues can include sudden lane changes, tailgating to not allow other cars in between, and driving too fast because the lead driver is doing so.
The Safer Way to Get Where You Need to Go
The better way to go is to look up directions ahead of time or to use a GPS to find your own way. This is especially true if you have another person in the car who can act as a navigator and keep an eye on the GPS in case it doesn’t warn you about upcoming turns in time.
Even Safe Drivers Can Be Injured in Accidents
Unfortunately, you can still be injured in an accident, even while doing everything you can to drive safely. Where can you turn for help if you have suffered an injury in a motor vehicle accident? The personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm are here to help. Just call 619-344-0360 for help in getting a settlement that covers your expenses and other due compensation.Read More