You may be surprised to learn which careers carry the highest risk of a work injury claim. We’re going to take a closer look at some of California’s most dangerous jobs to see who is at greatest risk for an avoidable work injury according to the California Department of Labor.
- Nursing home staff and home care workers – Who knew it could be so dangerous working with the elderly and infirm? Workers at government-run facilities face the highest risk.
- Woodworking – Assembling wooden products requires a great deal of skill and knowledge of how to use a number of different machines. It also pays to be safety conscious based on the injury claim statistics.
- Messengers – Whether you are a private courier or work for a delivery service you are at risk. However, private messengers face the most injuries. Perhaps this is because private messenger services are often called upon for more dangerous deliveries that may involve adversarial situations.
- Animal workers – Whether you raise animals, slaughter them for food, or try to heal them when they are ill, you are working in one of the most dangerous industries in California. Animals can be unpredictable, and that becomes even more so when an animal is taken from its natural habitat.
Southern California’s Expert Personal Injury Attorneys
Residents of San Diego and the surrounding areas can turn to Petrov Law Firm when work injuries and other personal injuries occur. To get your case started, call our experienced personal injury lawyers today at 619.344.0360.Read More
Whether you walk to the office or are just out for some exercise, walking is a great way to get around San Diego and much of southern California. However, there are also dangers due to distracted drivers who may not notice you, especially at night. Here are a few tips for pedestrian safety.
- Don’t walk under the influence. Drinking and walking can be just as dangerous as drinking and driving (at least for you). Call an Uber or a cab if you’ve had too many rather than trying to walk it off.
- Don’t use your phone while walking. If you need directions, use the voice feature rather than staring at the screen. You need to pay attention to your surroundings when walking to avoid potential dangers.
- Always use the crosswalk. Not only is J-walking illegal, but it is also dangerous because drivers won’t be expecting you to step out into the road.
- Wear bright colors during the day and something reflective at night. While you never want to assume that a driver sees you, you still want to do everything you can to increase visibility.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Even if you have the light, it is always a good idea to look before you cross. Too many distracted drivers run red lights and do other things you wouldn’t expect, so you can’t presume on having the right of way.
Personal Injury Attorneys for California Pedestrians
Have you suffered an injury as a pedestrian? Petrov Law Firm has the experienced and compassionate personal injury attorneys to help you maximize a settlement in California. Give us a call today at 619- 344-0360 to get started on your case.Read More
You may wonder if having a pre-existing condition will affect your personal injury suit. The answer is likely to be yes, but not necessarily in the way you may expect. Here are a couple of things to keep in mind if you are filing a personal injury suit but have a pre-existing health condition.
- Always disclose your condition – This may seem counter-intuitive. However, you will have a much better chance of seeking compensation if you disclose the pre-existing condition than if you don’t and it is discovered. You never want it to look like you intentionally hid something.
- Your pre-existing condition is documented – This is a good thing. If you have back problems and you see a chiropractor, you likely have x-rays and an entire history of your condition and how it has affected you. If you are in a car accident that makes the injury worse, you can now compare the new x-rays to the old ones, and your chiropractor can testify to the effects the injury had on your pre-existing condition. Thus, you turn what seemed like a negative into a positive for your case.
Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys in the San Diego Area
If you are starting a personal injury suit, whether you have a pre-existing condition or not, you should get the help of an experienced personal injury attorney. Petrov Law Firm, based in San Diego, has the compassionate attorneys you want on your side to help you maximize your compensation. Call us today at 619-344-0360 to schedule a consultation.Read More
Not all causes of personal injury are actionable, but there may be times when you can seek compensation for your losses. Here are 5 of the more common reasons for personal injury suits in California.
- Slip and fall accidents – In order for you to be able to make a claim, you have to prove that the injury was the fault of the property owner. This means that the owner was negligent in caring for the circumstances that led to your slip and fall.
- Motor vehicle accidents – California is a fault state, so the amount of compensation will depend on whether or not you share some blame for the accident.
- Defective products – If you are injured while using a product properly, you may be able to receive compensation for damages, especially if the manufacturer should have known about the defect.
- Workplace injuries – Whether you perform manual labor or work in an office, accidents can happen. Unsafe work conditions can lead to a personal injury suit.
- Assault – Any time another human injures you on purpose, the results can be jail time for the assailant as well as compensation for the injury caused to you.
San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Rely On
If you have been injured in any of the ways mentioned above or in any other way where another person or business was responsible, contact Petrov Law Firm at 619-344-0360. Our personal injury attorneys are here to help you receive the compensation you deserve.Read More
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, the first thing on your mind is probably receiving the proper medical attention. That is the right priority. Is there anything else you should think about while you are waiting for medical services to arrive? Here are a couple of reminders.
- If you can, take pictures of the conditions that led to the injury. Was the floor wet? Was the wet floor sign placed in a way that obscured its view from the direction you were walking? Was there some old carpet that had become bunched up? Was there some broken walkway in need of repairs?
- Report the injury and how it occurred to the owner of the location (or a manager on duty). Also, you should report how the injury occurred to the medical professional who treats your injuries so that there is a record of how it happened. Finally, be sure to report the facts to a California personal injury attorney so you can attempt to get compensation for your medical bills and any other losses you may suffer as a result of the injury.
The Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Trust in San Diego
Petrov Law Firm is your source for representation in personal injury cases in southern California. We have the experienced attorneys you need when you are recovering from an injury, are burdened with medical bills, and may have missed work due to the injury. Call 619-344-0360 today in order to schedule a consultation.Read More
Distracted drivers cause accidents that can lead to serious injury or even fatalities. How can you protect yourself and your passengers? While you can’t control other drivers, you can do your best to ensure that you are not distracted while operating your vehicle. Here are some common distractions to avoid.
- Phone – Whether a person is using a phone legally or illegally, it is still a distraction. The best thing to do is let a passenger hold your phone during the drive. If you are alone, any calls or texts can wait. If you are expecting an important call, be prepared to pull over.
- Dashboard dining – Eating at the wheel can be a big distraction, especially if it is something like a big messy burger, which is what most people stop for when on the road. Try to eat before you leave for a drive and plan time to stop and get out during long trips. It will be good to stretch your legs anyway, and it’s safer than eating and driving.
- Media – From books, magazines, and newspapers to music and video content, we are inundated with media on a daily basis. Music isn’t a bad form of media for a drive as long as you are not distracted playing with the radio dials. Reading and watching videos should wait until you arrive at your destination.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys in San Diego
If you have been injured by a distracted driver, you need the help of our California personal injury attorneys. Call Petrov Law Firm today at 619-344-0360 to learn how we can help to ensure that you receive a fair settlement.Read More
If you have been injured and are seeking compensation, there are a few things that your personal injury attorney will need to know in order to assist you. Here are the most important things to keep in mind.
- How were you injured? – There are a number of ways that you could have suffered your injury. Everything from a car accident or a dog attack to a slip and fall or medical malpractice may call for compensation, but the rules regarding each type of case vary.
- How long ago were you injured? – Unfortunately, some victims wait months or even years before seeking legal Since the statute of limitations is different for various causes of injury, you don’t want to seek a settlement after it is too late.
- Who is the responsible party? – Obviously, you can’t seek compensation if you hurt yourself, but in many cases, there is another party that is to blame for the injury. Whether it is a driver on a cell phone or a company that sold a product they knew was defective, you don’t want to go into a settlement alone or you are sure to receive a minimal offer.
The Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Trust
For trustworthy personal injury attorneys, contact Petrov Law Firm in San Diego. Our experience in helping clients receive settlements in personal injury cases can help you to maximize the compensation you receive. Before you sign anything from the offending party, call 619-344-0360 to schedule a consultation.Read More
Fault in California car accidents is how the courts determine which driver’s insurance covers medical bills and other expenses. Here are some of the mistakes drivers make that can lead to serious car accidents that are completely their fault.
- Driving under the influence – Whether it is alcohol, drugs, or even some forms of prescription medication, it is always illegal to be under the influence while driving. This is particularly important to remember for drivers who were happy to see marijuana legalized in the state. Remember: it is still illegal to use marijuana while driving, to have marijuana open and accessible in the vehicle, or to be under the influence of this drug while driving.
- Speeding – This the leading cause of car accidents, including fatal accidents. Always obey the posted speed limit, especially in road construction areas.
- Distracted driving – While smartphones are the number one distraction in our technological era, there are many other ways to be distracted while driving. Everything from lighting up a cigarette to putting the finishing touches on makeup can be what takes a driver’s eyes off the road long enough for an accident to occur.
Car Accident Injury Attorneys in Southern California
If you have been injured in a car accident, the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help. Insurance companies always want to settle for the lowest amount possible to protect their profits, so you want an experienced lawyer in your corner to help maximize your settlement. Before you agree to anything, call 619-344-0360 to learn how we can help.Read More
If you have children, it is important to teach them safety around dogs, even if your family has a docile pet in the home. According to Canine Journal, Americans are twice as likely to be killed by a bee as a dog, and 20 times more likely to be killed by a gun, but that doesn’t mean you should be unprepared. Here are some facts about dog bites that can help you teach your children.
- In 25% of fatal dog attacks, the dog is chained up. That makes it vital to instruct your children not to approach chained dogs. The chain is there for a reason.
- While pit bulls have a terrible reputation as being the most dangerous breed, there are other dog breeds that are known to bite. Another common breed is German shepherds, which can be very protective.
- Most dogs that bite have not been neutered or spayed, so always have the family pet fixed to reduce the risks.
- Insurance companies paid out over half a billion dollars in claims due to dog bites in 2017 alone, so if you suffer an injury from someone else’s dog, you may be able to seek compensation.
If You or a Family Member Has Been Injured in a Dog Attack
If you or a loved one have been injured by a dog, you need the help of the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. Medical bills can really add up after a dog bite, and the owner’s insurance may compensate you depending on the circumstances. To see if you should pursue a settlement, contact us today at 619-344-0360.Read More
When someone is injured, you may wonder who should be held responsible for the medical bills and other losses the injured person may have experienced. Let’s see how this question applies to some of the more common ways in which individuals are injured in Southern California.
- Car Accidents – Automotive accident injuries are extremely common and often lead to major medical expenses. However, California is a fault state, so liability is determined by the percent of fault the various parties share.
- Slip and Fall Injuries – Whether you slip on wet tile or trip over a run in the carpet, what needs to be determined is whether the property owner caused the issue, knew about the issue, and had enough time to respond to the issue.
- Dog Attacks – Dog bites are probably more common than you think. Children are the most likely to be bitten, so it is vital to monitor the interactions between children and animals. If a dog bite occurs, the owner may be culpable depending on the circumstances.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Southern California
If you have been injured in any of the ways mentioned in this article, the personal injury lawyers at Petrov Law Firm can help. We have experience in helping the victims of car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and dog bites receive a proper settlement. To learn more, schedule a consultation with our conveniently located San Diego and Chula Vista offices today. Just call 619-344-0360 to get started.Read More