When you slip and fall, the first thing you need to do is get the proper medical attention. But while you are waiting for help to arrive and after you have seen a medical professional, here are a few things to think about.
- Document the Conditions – If you slipped on a wet floor with no sign or an obscured wet floor sign, use your smartphone camera to document the conditions. Or maybe you tripped because a sidewalk was not properly maintained or carpeting was worn and rippling. Whatever the cause of the fall, makes sure you can show what the conditions were like.
- Proving Negligence – Once again, this goes back to documenting the conditions. If you had reported the dangerous condition on a previous visit, note when it happened so you can show that there was plenty of time to fix the problem. Take pictures of the current situation so you can show why you didn’t notice the danger today.
- Report the Accident – Report it at the scene of the injury. Report it to the medical professional who tends to your injuries. And be sure to report it to a personal injury lawyer who can help you to build your case.
San Diego’s Personal Injury Attorneys
If you live in the state of California and have experienced a personal injury due to a slip and fall, bring your case to Petrov Law Firm. We can help you to determine if you have a viable case and what losses you can try to gain compensation for. Call 619-344-0360 to get started today.Read More
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, you may want to seek compensation for medical bills and other losses. What do you need in order to prove that the injury was the fault of the property owner? Here are three ways to pin an injury on the owner of the property where the slip and fall occurred:
- The property owner or an employee created the conditions that led to the slip and fall accident. For example, if you fell due to a spill, was the spill caused by the owner or one of the owner’s employee’s. If you caused the spill or another guest of the property, the owner might not be at fault.
- The property owner or an employee knew the dangerous circumstances existed but chose not to act. In other words, was there time for the owner or employee to do something about it? If another customer spills something right in front of you and you immediately slip, there was nothing the establishment could have done. If a customer spilled something and an employee walked by, shrugged, and went on break, now the burden may be on the company.
- The dangerous situation is something the property owner or a representative should have known about. For example, if the carpet of a building is clearly uneven due to wear and tear and appears to have been like that for years, it would be tough to make the claim that they didn’t know, even if they only set foot on the property on rare occasions.
Help with Your Slip and Fall Claim in San Diego, California
If you have suffered an injury in a slip and fall accident near San Diego or Chula Vista, contact the personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. Our experienced team can help you to see if you have a valid case and will fight for you to get the settlement you deserve. Call 619-344-0360 today to get started.Read More
When a person is injured, a question often arises as to who is responsible for medical bills and other losses that may be suffered. We’re going to take a closer look at three of the most common types of personal injury cases in the state of California.
#1 Vehicular Accidents
Injuries in auto accidents are very common. Whether the person who is injured is a driver, passenger, or pedestrian, it calls into question who is at fault and which insurance company is responsible for the damages.
#2 Dog Bites
Dog bites are extremely common injuries, and sadly, many of the victims are children. It is important always to monitor children playing with pets, especially dogs. However, if an injury occurs, it may call into question whether the dog’s owner is responsible.
#3 Slip and Fall Accidents
From tripping over a break in the sidewalk to slipping on a wet floor, there are all sorts of ways that people end up in trip and fall accidents. Is the injury the fault of the property owner? There are a number of considerations that come into play to determine whether there is any fault or negligence.
San Diego’s Personal Injury Attorneys
If you have been injured in the state of California in one of these common types of occurrences, then we encourage you to talk to our attorneys at Petrov Law Firm. By calling 619-344-0360, you get the legal help you need along with the compassion you deserve. Find out why our clients are confident we are interested not just in cases but in people.Read More