You may be surprised to learn which careers carry the highest risk of a work injury claim. We’re going to take a closer look at some of California’s most dangerous jobs to see who is at greatest risk for an avoidable work injury according to the California Department of Labor.
- Nursing home staff and home care workers – Who knew it could be so dangerous working with the elderly and infirm? Workers at government-run facilities face the highest risk.
- Woodworking – Assembling wooden products requires a great deal of skill and knowledge of how to use a number of different machines. It also pays to be safety conscious based on the injury claim statistics.
- Messengers – Whether you are a private courier or work for a delivery service you are at risk. However, private messengers face the most injuries. Perhaps this is because private messenger services are often called upon for more dangerous deliveries that may involve adversarial situations.
- Animal workers – Whether you raise animals, slaughter them for food, or try to heal them when they are ill, you are working in one of the most dangerous industries in California. Animals can be unpredictable, and that becomes even more so when an animal is taken from its natural habitat.
Southern California’s Expert Personal Injury Attorneys
Residents of San Diego and the surrounding areas can turn to Petrov Law Firm when work injuries and other personal injuries occur. To get your case started, call our experienced personal injury lawyers today at 619.344.0360.Read More
Not all causes of personal injury are actionable, but there may be times when you can seek compensation for your losses. Here are 5 of the more common reasons for personal injury suits in California.
- Slip and fall accidents – In order for you to be able to make a claim, you have to prove that the injury was the fault of the property owner. This means that the owner was negligent in caring for the circumstances that led to your slip and fall.
- Motor vehicle accidents – California is a fault state, so the amount of compensation will depend on whether or not you share some blame for the accident.
- Defective products – If you are injured while using a product properly, you may be able to receive compensation for damages, especially if the manufacturer should have known about the defect.
- Workplace injuries – Whether you perform manual labor or work in an office, accidents can happen. Unsafe work conditions can lead to a personal injury suit.
- Assault – Any time another human injures you on purpose, the results can be jail time for the assailant as well as compensation for the injury caused to you.
San Diego Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Rely On
If you have been injured in any of the ways mentioned above or in any other way where another person or business was responsible, contact Petrov Law Firm at 619-344-0360. Our personal injury attorneys are here to help you receive the compensation you deserve.Read More
Some jobs are just more dangerous than others. However, you may be surprised to find out which career fields see the most claims. We’re going to take a look at five jobs that may not seem that dangerous at first glance but that result in a high percentage of claims according to California’s Department of Labor.
- Animal workers – Animals can be unpredictable. So whether your job is to feed, raise, or slaughter animals, you’re in one of the riskiest businesses in California.
- Messengers – Between UPS, FedEx, and the US postal office, there isn’t a huge private courier service population. But if you are the rare independent messenger, be careful. Injury rates are over 6%.
- Woodworking – If you work in manufacturing and deal with wood product assembly, you’re actually in the most dangerous manufacturing field.
- Air transport – Passengers may be far safer in the air than on land, but pilots, aircraft mechanics, and workers who transfer freight are all at high risk.
- Nursing and home care – This is the number one most dangerous job in California based on the sheer rate of injuries. And if you thought you were in danger working in the private sector, government employees face nearly double the risk of any other career in the state.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Southern California
If you have suffered a personal injury in or near the San Diego area, the experienced personal injury attorneys at Petrov Law Firm are here to help. Just call 619-344-0360 to get started on your case today.Read More
When most people think of personal injury, they immediately focus on car accidents and slip and fall accidents. While these are two of the most common types of personal injuries that occur, they are far from being the only common ones. Here are 5 other injuries that frequently lead to suits in California.
- Work Injuries – Dangers on the job pose a real threat to workers. You don’t even have to be in a manual labor job to experience an injury at work. Office workers suffer injuries due to unsafe conditions as well.
- Defective Products – An accident can happen when a product is used improperly, but what if you were following the instructions to a T and are still injured? You may able to receive compensation, especially if a defect that the manufacturer should have known about is what resulted in the injury.
- Medical Malpractice – While there are some laws in place that protect medical professionals from frivolous claims, if you are the victim of negligence on the part of a medical professional, there are also laws that will allow you to receive due
- Dangerous Medications – Sometimes a medication makes it past the FDA, but further dangers are discovered once the product has been on the market for a time. If you were taking it with a prescription, this might give you grounds to file suit.
- Assault – If someone injuries you on purpose, you have the potential for making a claim. The assailant could be in for jail time as well as the potential for having to make financial compensation.
Personal Injury Claims in Southern California
If you have suffered a personal injury in the San Diego area, the attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help you to seek the compensation you deserve. To get your claim started, call 619-344-0360 today.Read More