Have you or a loved one suffered a personal injury in Poway, California? The experienced Poway personal injury lawyers with Petrov Law Firm can help you obtain compensation from those responsible for your injury. Call (619) 344-0360 today for a free consultation.
Petrov Law Firm has been assisting personal injury victims across Southern California since 2012. Since then, we’ve collected tens of millions of dollars for our clients, and our attorneys have more than two decades of combined experience.
We’ve helped our clients get back on their feet after personal injuries of all types, including car accidents, brain injuries, wrongful death, and more. We’re confident in our ability to achieve favorable outcomes for our clients, and we have the track record to back it up.
We offer a free, no-hassle consultation to discuss your case and to inform you of how we can help. We’re available 24/7 to take your call, so reach out to us today.
Why Should I Hire Petrov Law Firm To Handle My Personal Injury Case in Poway?
There is probably a lot you’re dealing with after a personal injury. You likely have medical bills and other expenses that are adding up, and you might also be out of work. There could be an insurance company bombarding you with confusing communications. And all of that’s on top of the pain and suffering you’re probably feeling.
We understand this difficult time you’re going through, and we don’t want you to go through it alone. There can be a lot at stake in terms of how to pursue compensation after a personal injury, and there is usually just one opportunity to hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions.
When you hire a Poway personal injury attorney with Petrov Law Firm, you can take the time you need to heal from your injury while we handle your compensation claim. Once we get started with your case, we will:
- Conduct a thorough internal investigation to determine the extent of your damages and the parties that might be liable for your injury
- Negotiate on your behalf with the other party to your case
- Collect evidence to bolster your claim for compensation
- Take your case to court and trial if necessary
With more than 20 years of total experience and $40 million put back into our clients’ pockets, we know what it takes to win a personal injury case. Let us put that experience to work for you today.
If you’re ready to get started, call us at (619) 344-0360 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. There’s no obligation, and we’re available at any time to take your call.
We Handle All Personal Injury Cases
Our Poway personal injury lawyers are adept at handling just about every type of personal injury case. A few of the practice areas we’re experienced with include:
With as many cars as there are on the road in Poway, California, it might not come as a surprise that car accidents occur far too often in the area. These accidents can vary greatly in severity, and when someone else is at fault, it’s a wise decision to reach out to a Poway car accident attorney with Petrov Law Firm.
Because big-rig trucks and other similar vehicles are so large in stature, the consequences can be especially severe when one is involved in an accident.
These cases also tend to be complicated as you will likely deal with at least one insurance company and quite possibly the trucking company as well. Contact our Poway truck accident lawyers today to see how we can help.
Southern California is one of the best places in the country to own a motorcycle, with its near-perfect weather and abundance of scenic roads. That also means California is home to a relatively high number of motorcycle accidents.
Without the protection that a car offers, victims of motorcycle accidents can suffer serious injuries. Hold the at-fault party responsible and contact a Poway motorcycle accident attorney at Petrov Law Firm for help.
The consequences of a brain injury can last the rest of your life. It’s important to receive compensation so that you can get back on your feet as best as possible.
If you have suffered a brain injury, contact our Poway brain injury attorneys today; we are here to help as much as we can.
Catastrophic injuries can occur at any time in Poway. If you find yourself in such a situation, you don’t have to go through it alone. Let our Poway catastrophic injury lawyers make your best case for compensation so that you can be made whole and move on with your life as best you can.
The death of a loved one is never easy to deal with, even more so if the death was preventable.
Hire our Poway wrongful death attorneys, and we’ll get to work immediately on helping you and your family in what is certainly a difficult time.
Other Common Personal Injury Cases in Poway, CA
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Uber & Lyft accidents
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- And more
These are just a few of the practice areas we’re experts at handling. Reach out to Petrov Law Firm today for more information in Poway, California.
What Damages Are Available to Poway Accident Victims?
Personal injury victims in Poway, California, can pursue three types of damages: economic, non-economic, and punitive.
- Economic damages are those that are easy to convert into a dollar figure. Some examples of economic damages are lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses.
- Non-economic damages, on the other hand, are not as easy to quantify. Examples include your pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of consortium, and loss of enjoyment in life.
While rarely awarded in California, punitive damages are still a possibility in personal injury cases. These damages are awarded when the at-fault party’s conduct was especially egregious. Punitive damages “punish” the defendant for their behavior and deter others from acting that same way.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me After an Accident?
A personal injury lawyer handles your claim for compensation while you heal from your injury. Some of the ways that a Poway personal injury lawyer can help include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiation. A personal injury attorney can negotiate on your behalf to reach a fair settlement agreement. If need be, they can also take your case to court and trial.
- Hire Experts. Personal injury attorneys can hire experts to testify on your behalf and to help prove your case.
- Conduct Investigations. An internal investigation can collect evidence for your case and can help define the extent of your damages.
- Protect Your Interests. Hiring a personal injury attorney means you won’t be taken advantage of, whether it’s by an insurance adjuster or the other party’s legal representation.
If you’d like more information on how Petrov Law Firm can help make the most of your personal injury claim, reach out today for a no-charge, no-obligation consultation.
How Much Does it Cost To Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer in Poway?
Petrov Law Firm works on a contingency fee basis, meaning it won’t cost you anything upfront to hire one of our Poway personal injury attorneys.
Instead of paying us upfront, we will take payment as a percentage of the financial award we obtain for you. This percentage varies depending on the case but will usually be around 33%.
As an example, let’s say that we negotiated a settlement of $100,000 for your case, and we agreed to a contingency fee of 35%. We would then receive $35,000 for our legal services.
The contingency fee basis is in place in part because we understand that you might not have the financial means to hire an attorney upfront after a personal injury. This system also incentivizes us to maximize the value of your claim.
For more information on how the contingency fee arrangement will work given your situation, reach out to us today.
What Is the Personal Injury Claims Process?
While each personal injury claim will play out a bit differently depending on the situation, the general process looks something like this:
- File the claim. You’ll first file a claim with the appropriate insurance company (either yours or the other party’s). The insurance company will assign an insurance adjuster to your claim.
- Determine liability. The insurance adjuster will analyze your claim and will determine whether to accept or deny liability.
- Negotiate. The adjuster may offer you a settlement that is lower than the value of your case. In that instance, the next step is to attempt to negotiate a fair agreement.
If a fair settlement cannot be reached, it may be necessary to file a lawsuit in court to obtain adequate compensation. Filing a lawsuit puts pressure on the other side to negotiate fairly.
What Should I Do After an Accident?
The things you say and do after an accident can significantly affect your case’s success down the line. Here are some quick tips to keep in mind:
- Do not accept blame for the accident. Any statements you make could be used by the other party to your case to reduce your monetary award.
- Collect evidence if it is safe to do so, including pictures and videos of any damages you’ve incurred.
- Remain at the scene and alert the proper authorities. Fleeing the scene will likely hurt your case, and calling 911 is almost always a good idea for safety purposes.
- Receive medical attention, whether or not you have an apparent injury. Medical evidence will be vital to proving your case, and some injuries do not surface until later on.
You should also feel free to contact Petrov Law Firm after an accident. We can provide you with advice on how to proceed in real-time.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Accident in California?
In California, you have two years from the date of your injury to file suit in most cases. However, if you intend to file suit against a governmental entity, you will generally just have six months instead. Additionally, in certain cases, the statute of limitations can be tolled (paused), such as when the defendant of your suit flees the state.
Each state has a law on the books called a statute of limitations. This statute describes the deadlines for when lawsuits of each kind must be filed. If you file your lawsuit after the statute of limitations, a court will not hear your case.
Reach out to us as soon as you can if you are not sure whether you can still file suit in your case. We offer a free consultation and can make that determination at that time.
Contact Our Experienced Poway Personal Injury Lawyers For Legal Help
It’s important to be made whole again after a personal injury in Poway, California. If you suffered a personal injury at the hands of someone else, they should be held accountable for their actions.
The Poway personal injury attorneys with Petrov Law Firm are ready to get to work for you. We have successfully handled all types of personal injury cases since our founding in 2012, and we’ve collected tens of millions of dollars for our clients.
If you’re ready to align yourself with that winning track record, give us a call today to set up a consultation. As always, your initial consultation is free, and there’s no obligation.