Petrov Law Firm | May 27, 2021 | Personal Injury
Dog attacks are common, and if you want to avoid bites, you need to be careful, especially with a dog you have never met before. Here are a few ways in which you may unintentionally cause a dog to get his hackles up (literally).
- Raising your voice – Yelling makes a dog anxious. It doesn’t matter if you are yelling at the dog, the owner, or even just excited about what you are saying. Be cautious about raising your voice around a dog.
- Touching its face – This isn’t true of all dogs, but many dogs do not like to have their face touched. Stick to the neck or shoulders unless you know the dog well.
- Challenging eye contact – Eye contact is for communication within the pack. A stranger holding eye contact may be viewed as a threat.
- Wearing strong scents – Dogs have sensitive noses and dislike strong odors. A strong perfume or even deodorant may put a dog off.
- Your mood – Dogs are very sensitive to the moods of humans – If you are angry or even sad, it can make a dog feel stressed. If you are not in a good mood, it is best to avoid meeting a new dog.
If You Have Been Injured By Someone’s Dog
Petrov Law Firm specializes in dog attacks in California. If you have experienced an injury that was no fault of your own, we can help you to seek compensation for medical bills and other losses. Call us to get the process started.
Contact the North County Personal Injury Lawyers at Petrov Law Firm for Help Today
For more information, please contact the Vista personal injury law firm of Petrov Law Firm to schedule a free consultation today.
We serve in North County, CA and its surrounding areas:
Petrov Law Firm
380 S Melrose Dr Ste. 201
Vista, CA 92081