People slip and fall. And while you hope nothing like that would ever happen at your wedding (birthday party, anniversary, or business meeting), sometimes people get drunk, rowdy, or careless. Accidents happen, and if you’re not careful, you could become a defendant in an expensive civil case.

Wedding Accidents

If you are hosting a wedding in a rented space and someone gets hurt, you will need to hire a personal injury attorney to create a proper defense. Generally, there are three parties involved in wedding accidents:

  • The host (you)
  • The injured party
  • The event venue

Although the event venue may not have insisted that you carry an insurance policy to cover such accidents, you might have agreed, unknowingly, to have one. Buried in the small print of the contract you signed allowing you to use a hotel banquet hall or conference room, there was probably a clause about the host having an insurance policy.

If someone gets hurt on site, the hotel (or other event venue) will pull out the contract, highlight the clause, and claim that you are responsible for covering the economic damages, such as medical bills.

If the injured party decides to get a lawyer, you will have no choice but to hire one for yourself. If you are facing an injured party, hire a lawyer to get your defense in place before you see your name on a civil lawsuit filing.

Contact the North County Personal Injury Lawyers at Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers for Help Today

For more information, please contact the Vista personal injury law firm of Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule a free consultation today.

We serve in North County, CA and its surrounding areas:

Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers – Vista, CA Office
380 S Melrose Dr. Ste. 201
Vista, CA 92081

(619) 344-0360

Petrov Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers – Oceanside, CA Office
702 Civic Center Drive Ste. 105
Oceanside, CA, 92054

(619) 678-1016

Other Personal Injury Blog Posts