As a truck accident victim in Vista, California, you may have the right to recover compensation for your medical bills, loss of income, and suffering. The experienced Vista truck accident lawyers at the Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers are ready to help you fight to maximize your financial recovery. Give us a call at (619) 344-0360 today.
Since 2012, our top-rated trial attorneys have been dedicated to giving victims of big rig accidents a voice. We have 20+ years of experience fighting insurance companies, trucking services, and other well-funded defendants. Our results speak for themselves – we’ve helped our clients win over $40 Million in settlements and verdicts.
Contact our law office in Vista to learn more about your legal rights and options for recovery. Your first case evaluation is 100 percent free, so give us a call now.
How Our Vista Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Tractor Trailer Accident
The consequences of a car accident involving a large commercial truck can be devastating. Injuries can be severe. Medical costs can be high. Financial burdens can get out of hand when you’re unable to work.
If a negligent truck driver or trucking company is responsible for your wreck, they must be held accountable. Hiring an experienced Vista personal injury attorney is the best way to increase the odds of a successful financial recovery.
But it’s not about hiring just any attorney. You deserve to work with a lawyer who will show you compassion while simultaneously fighting tooth and nail to get you all of the money you need. You deserve to work with a lawyer who has experience, a demonstrated ability to win, and resources to match the powerful defendants in your case.
That’s why the Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers should be your first call.
We’re Vista’s top-rated personal injury litigators, and our law office is committed to providing the level of service and results you deserve.
We give you the opportunity to rest and recover while our personal injury attorneys:
- Launch an independent investigation into your semi-truck accident
- Gather important pieces of evidence, including photos, medical records, electronic control module (ECM) data from the truck’s black box, vehicle maintenance history, and more
- Consult with respected truck accident experts and specialists
- Defend you against allegations that you caused the truck crash or share blame
- Negotiate with insurance companies and liable parties to get the best possible terms in a settlement agreement for you
- Bring your case to a jury in San Diego County if you aren’t offered a fair settlement
Our law office works on a contingency fee basis, which means there’s no cost to hire us unless we win your case. Give us a call in Vista, CA, or reach out to us online to learn more.
What Are the Leading Causes of Large Truck Accidents in Vista?
When trucks do get into collisions in Vista, CA, it’s typically because someone is negligent or careless.
Some prime examples of things that cause and contribute to truck wrecks in North County San Diego include:
- Drivers ignoring hours of service regulations and driving while fatigued
- Failure to perform a pre-trip inspection
- Failure to perform truck inspections and maintenance regularly
- Inexperienced truck drivers
- Negligent hiring
- Speeding or driving at unsafe speeds
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving, especially texting and driving
- Unbalanced cargo loads
- Unsafe turns
- Illegal passing
- Driving in a truck’s blind spot
Sometimes trucks are involved in car accidents when all motorists are careful. This can happen when there are vehicle defects, tire blowouts, defective road designs, or hazardous weather conditions.
The sad reality is that most large truck accidents shouldn’t even happen in the first place. They’re almost entirely avoidable.
Truck drivers have to have a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and, in some cases, special endorsements to operate a rig.
Truck companies have a responsibility to hire, train, and supervise qualified drivers. The trucking industry is heavily regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and California state trucking laws.
Who Can Be Financially Responsible For My Injuries After a Commercial Truck Accident in Vista?
Under California law, anyone who contributes to your truck accident can be on the hook for resulting costs and suffering.
This could include:
- Negligent truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Truck brokers
- Negligent motorists, including drivers of passenger cars and motorcyclists
- Freight companies
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Government agencies
- Property owners
- Employers of responsible parties
Our personal injury attorneys in Vista will aggressively pursue all available damages from anyone who caused you to get hurt. Give our law office a quick call to arrange a time to discuss potential legal strategies today.
What If I’m Partly to Blame For My Vista Truck Accident?
You can still recover compensation. However, under California’s pure comparative fault law, your damages will be reduced based on how much liability you share.
For example, if you’re assigned 30 percent of the blame, your financial recovery will be reduced by 30 percent. Insurance companies will try to take advantage of this rule to limit how much they have to pay for your truck accident injuries. If you don’t fight back, you could watch well-deserved compensation disappear.
With our Vista truck accident attorneys in your corner, you can rest assured that we’ll do everything in our power to limit how much fault is apportioned to you. We’ll be prepared for these victim-blaming tactics and force the other side to back them up with evidence and facts. We’ll have our own evidence and arguments ready to dispute them, too.
The less fault you’re assigned, the more money you can potentially get for your injuries and suffering.
We’ll Fight to Get Full Compensation For All of Your Truck Accident Injuries
A large commercial tractor-trailer truck can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and stretch up to 53 feet in length. When traveling at 65 MPH, it can take the length of nearly two football fields for a big truck to come to a complete stop.
When they’re in an accident with a smaller motor vehicle, trucks can do considerable damage. And it’s usually occupants of those smaller vehicles that suffer the worst fates.
At the Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we firmly believe that truck accident victims deserve to be compensated for all of the injuries they sustain.
Call us for immediate legal assistance if you’ve been in a crash with a commercial vehicle and experienced:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Burn injury
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Crushing injury
- Internal organ damage
- Trauma to the eyes or face
- Soft tissue damage
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Get your injuries checked out by a doctor as soon as you can. Left untreated, auto accident injuries can lead to serious complications and death. Visiting the emergency room or hospital will also help to create an important piece of evidence for your personal injury case. When your medical record documents your injuries, it will be easier to establish a causal link with the wreck.
What Damages Are Available to Truck Accident Victims in North County San Diego?
Economic damages offset the financial costs of your accident, such as:
- Today’s medical bills and expenses
- The cost of future medical care
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Nursing care and assistance
- Medical equipment
- Modifications to your home or vehicle necessary to accommodate a permanent impairment or disability
- Lost wages and benefits
Non-economic damages are awarded to compensate for the pain and suffering you endure, like:
- Chronic physical pain
- Emotional distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of quality of life
The value of your truck accident case will depend on many factors. It’s important to speak with an experienced truck accident attorney in Vista about the specific details of your case. Contact the Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers for guidance and insight about what your truck accident case might be worth.
What’s the Time Limit For Filing a Lawsuit After a Truck Accident in California?
California’s statute of limitations for truck accident lawsuits is two years. While two years might sound like a lot of time, it will go by before you know it. And if you don’t file your claim before the deadline, you’ll lose the opportunity to recover the compensation that you rightfully deserve.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Vista Truck Accident Lawyer
Were you recently involved in an accident with a tractor-trailer or another large commercial truck in Vista, California? Call the Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers to learn about your legal rights and options. You may be entitled to a substantial monetary award, and our Vista truck accident lawyers can help you fight to maximize your recovery.
Benefit from a team with 20+ years of experience that’s won over $40 Million in damages. Get our award-winning legal team on your side by giving us a call today. We’re always available to help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
What Our Clients Have To Say About Us
Read more of our Google reviews.
Vista, CA Chiropractors
- ProRehab Integrated Healthcare Specialists LLC – 410 S Melrose Dr STE 200, Vista, CA 92081, United States
- Pacific Family Chiropractic – 123 Main St, Vista, CA 92084, United States
- Accident Recovery Center -Injury Pain Doctors & Chiropractors – 510 Civic Center Dr Suite B, Vista, CA 92084, United States
- Bloxton Chiropractic Center – 161 Thunder Dr Suite 209, Vista, CA 92083, United States
- Touch of Health Chiropractic – 1938 Via Centre B, Vista, CA 92081, United States
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Our personal injury law firm in Vista, CA also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Vista
- Brain Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Car Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Catastrophic Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Vista, CA
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Vista
- Product Liability Attorney in Vista
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Vista, CA
- Assault Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Aviation/Airplane Accidents Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Bus Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA
- Child Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Construction Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA
- Dog Bites Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Sexual Assaults Attorney in Vista, CA
- Spinal Cord Injuries Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Taxi Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Workplace Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA