Did you recently get injured while using a dangerous or defective product in Vista, California? The manufacturing company responsible for that product may be financially liable for your injuries and suffering. The experienced Vista product liability lawyers at Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to maximize your financial recovery. Call (619) 344-0360 today for legal help.
Don’t try to go up against corporations and insurance companies on your own. Benefit from our 20+ years of combined experience and track record of success. Since our founding in 2012, we’ve successfully won over $40 million in damages for injury victims just like you.
Contact our Vista, CA law office to arrange a time for a free consultation with a member of our legal team. We are always standing by to take your call, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help When You’re Injured Using a Defective Product in Vista, CA
Was the product you were using unreasonably dangerous? How was it defective? How can you prove that the product is responsible for your injuries? What happens if the manufacturer tries to say that you weren’t using the product correctly?
These are all questions you’ll have to face if you file a product liability claim for damages in Vista, CA. It’s essential to enlist the help of a qualified personal injury lawyer in Vista to help you get the answers you need to win.
Let Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers handle every aspect of your product liability claim and take on your fight for compensation for you.
While you focus your energy on making a full recovery, our award-winning litigators will:
- Investigate your accident to determine what type of defect contributed to your injury
- Gather evidence to establish that your injuries were, in fact, caused by the product defect
- Work closely with respected experts who specialize in injury cases like yours
- Handle negotiations with the manufacturer and their insurance company
- Bring your case to a jury in San Diego County if you are not offered a fair settlement deal
We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay absolutely nothing to get us on your side. We will represent you and front the costs of litigation at no risk to you. You only pay if we win your case.
Give us a call or reach out to our law office in the North County of San Diego, CA to schedule a time for a free consultation today.
What is Product Liability?
It’s impossible for government regulatory agencies to monitor and test every product that hits the market. So, to ensure that consumer products are safe to use, California has product liability laws in place.
Under these laws, companies that design, manufacture, and market products in the state of California can be held strictly liable for injuries caused by defects or dangers associated with their products.
Strict liability means the company can be on the hook for damages regardless of how careful it was when developing, assembling, or selling its products. This adds an incentive to pay extra attention to safety, testing, and warnings when selling goods.
Note that companies can also be held liable for negligence if their products cause harm.
If you are injured because a product is unreasonably unsafe or defective or because the company failed to disclose risks, you may have the right to pursue legal action under the state’s product liability laws.
Types of Product Liability Claims
There are three main types of product liability claims: defective design, manufacturing defect, and marketing defect (failure to warn).
A design defect occurs when a product is unreasonably dangerous because of its design. No matter how carefully it’s put together or how thoroughly it’s tested, the product is unsafe when used in a foreseeable way.
Example: A manufacturer uses an ingredient in its popular pesticide that is known to cause cancer. The use of that ingredient makes the pesticide inherently unsafe.
A manufacturing defect occurs when a product has a safe design but suffers from a problem because of how it is assembled or built.
Example: A furniture company uses the wrong size bolts when assembling a table and chairs. The resulting furniture is structurally unsound and collapses when it is used. Had the properly sized bolts been used, the table and chairs would have been safe.
A marketing defect, also known as failure to warn, occurs when a company fails to disclose risks and dangers associated with using a product. This is why you see so many warning labels on the things you buy and use. If a company knows or should have knowledge about a side effect, risk, or potential threat, it has an obligation to disclose that to consumers.
Example: A pharmaceutical company knew that its popular heartburn medication could possibly cause liver damage but did not disclose that information to doctors or patients before selling it.
We Handle All Types of Product Liability Cases in Vista, California
At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent clients who have sustained injuries in product liability matters involving:
- Children’s toys
- Power tools
- Heavy machinery
- Ladders and scaffolding
- Construction equipment
- Cars, trucks, motorcycles, and other vehicles
- Safety equipment, including airbags and seatbelts
- Medical devices, including IVC filters and hernia mesh
- Medical equipment
- Prescription medications
- Over-the-counter medications
- Personal care products, including shampoo and talc powder
- Vape pens
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Small appliances
If you have recently been injured or lost a family member because of a defective or unreasonably dangerous product, don’t hesitate to contact our Vista law firm for immediate legal assistance. We are happy to review your case, provide an overview of your legal rights, and help you figure out the best steps forward.
What’s My Vista Product Liability Claim Worth?
Every case is incredibly different, but many factors will be relevant in the valuation process:
- What types of injuries have you suffered?
- Do your doctors think you’ll make a full physical recovery?
- What kind of pain and suffering have you experienced?
- Are you able to work?
- If not, how has your earning capacity changed?
- Were you using the product in a reasonably foreseeable way, or do you share some responsibility for your injuries?
- How old were you when you got hurt?
- What kind of out-of-pocket costs and expenses do you have?
The best way to get a sense of how much money you can recover after you’re injured because of a defective product is by speaking directly with a personal injury attorney near you in Vista, California. Set up a free consultation with our legal team to get started today.
What Damages Are Available If I’m Hurt Because of a Defective Product?
Economic damages are paid to compensate you for financial losses and expenses associated with your injuries.
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and income
- Temporary and/or permanent disability
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Nursing assistance
- Funeral costs if a product results in wrongful death
Non-economic damages are paid to compensate for trauma related to an injury that doesn’t have a set financial value.
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
- Pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
If a company intentionally deceived you or displayed a reckless disregard for your safety, punitive damages might also be applicable.
When Do I Have to File a Product Liability Claim in California?
California has a two-year statute of limitations that applies to most product liability claims. The clock starts to run when you get hurt or discover your injury.
There is also a 10-year statute of repose that applies to some product liability cases. This means that you’ll have a decade from the date a product is first sold to sue the manufacturer for damages resulting from a product defect. However, there are certain exceptions to this rule.
It is important to make sure that you identify the deadline that applies to your case and file your claim for damages before it expires. If you miss the window, you’ll give up the right to demand accountability and recover the compensation that you need.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With a Vista Product Liability Lawyer
Whether you’ve sustained severe burns, a traumatic brain injury, lost a limb, or another type of catastrophic injury, Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers will help you pursue compensation from a liable manufacturer.
Contact our Vista product liability attorneys to discover how we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Our Vista, California law office provides a free initial case evaluation. There’s no risk in asking for our help, and our team is always available to provide the assistance you need. Give us a call at (619) 344-0360 to arrange a time for your consultation today.=
Our personal injury law firm in Vista, CA also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Vista
- Brain Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Car Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Catastrophic Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Vista, CA
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Vista
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Vista, CA
- Assault Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Aviation/Airplane Accidents Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Bus Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA
- Child Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Construction Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA
- Dog Bites Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Sexual Assaults Attorney in Vista, CA
- Spinal Cord Injuries Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Taxi Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Workplace Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA