Were you or a loved one hit by a car and injured while walking around Vista, CA? You may be entitled to recover compensation from the responsible party. An experienced Vista pedestrian accident lawyer at Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to recover the full compensation you deserve. Call (619) 344-0360 today for legal help.
Our lawyers have over 20 years of combined experience in personal injury law. Over the years, we’ve recovered over $40 million to help seriously injured clients get back on their feet again.
You may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Call our law offices in Vista, California today or contact us online to schedule a free consultation to learn more about your legal options.
How Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Pedestrian Accident in Vista
Many accident victims let the insurance companies tell them what their case is worth. They walk away never really knowing whether they recovered the full compensation they need. Some even run out of money to cover medical bills and other expenses.
At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we have years of experience handling cases similar to yours. Our personal injury lawyers in Vista, CA have the resources to fight for every dollar you deserve.
With our team by your side, you can rest assured knowing that you’ll have an attorney working tirelessly to secure the money you need.
When you hire our legal team to handle your case, here’s what you can expect us to do:
- Conduct a full investigation into the crash and locate all responsible parties
- Work with leading experts and specialists in Southern California
- Determine the value of your personal injury case, considering both past and future damages
- Handle all paperwork and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf
The insurance company has teams of defense lawyers working to minimize the value of your claim. In fact, they handle cases like yours every day. You deserve a lawyer who can even the score.
To learn more about how our law group can help, call our Vista personal injury attorneys to create an attorney-client relationship.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents in Vista, CA?
Pedestrian accidents are on the rise across the United States. In fact, pedestrian deaths reached a 40-year high in 2021. According to a report by the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA), 7,485 pedestrians were killed across the U.S. in 2021.
The problem is particularly severe in California. Based on preliminary data, 958 pedestrians were killed in the state of California in 2021. That makes California one of five states that account for 47% of all pedestrian fatalities in the U.S.
The problem isn’t new in California. A study by Smart Growth America found that 7,891 pedestrians were killed in California between 2010 and 2019.
What is My Vista Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
Like any personal injury claim, the value of your pedestrian accident claim will depend on the facts and the type of injuries you’ve sustained. Our lawyers will carefully review your circumstances before we file a claim for compensation.
Some of the most important factors that will influence the value of your case include:
- The overall severity of your injuries and your doctor’s prognosis
- The cost of your medical treatment and any ongoing expenses you’ll incur
- How the injury impacts your quality of life and lifestyle
- Whether you lost wages because of the accident
- Whether your future earning potential is impacted
- Your emotional trauma and suffering
- Whether you contributed to the accident
- The strength of your negligence claim
In reality, dozens of factors could influence your case value. You deserve a lawyer who will take the time to examine the full picture. At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re committed to fighting for every dollar you deserve. To learn more, call for a free case review with an experienced Vista pedestrian accident attorney today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Pedestrian Accident Victims?
California personal injury laws allow victims to seek compensation for their economic damages and non-economic damages.
Examples of the types of damages you may receive in a successful case include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Damages for wrongful death
In rare cases, California courts may even award punitive damages solely to punish the defendant for wrongful acts.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Pedestrian Accident in California?
Many people believe that pedestrians always have the right of way. In reality, pedestrians are blamed for accidents all the time. A driver might claim that you darted into the road or were distracted by your phone. Even if you do share some fault, it won’t automatically bar you from recovering compensation.
California follows a pure comparative negligence law. Each party to an accident is financially responsible for their share of the blame. As the victim, if you’re assigned part of the blame, your compensation will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
You should expect the insurance company to try to blame you for the accident. If you accept their allegations at face value, you’ll probably walk away with less money than you deserve. Our lawyers in Vista can help you fight back. If you’re being blamed for causing your own injuries, call our team to schedule a free initial consultation today.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Pedestrian Accident Injuries
A pedestrian is no match for a motor vehicle. Even in a relatively low-speed crash, the pedestrian is most likely to suffer the most severe injuries in a car accident.
At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we often represent clients who have sustained:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Crushing injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Internal organ damage
- Multiple broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Head and neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Pelvic injuries
- Broken hips
- Burns and road rash
- Degloving injuries
- Chest injuries
- Amputation injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
These injuries can require significant long-term care. That makes it important to get the maximum compensation possible. If you have questions about your legal rights after an accident, don’t hesitate to call Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers to schedule your free case evaluation today.
What Causes Most Pedestrian Accidents in Vista, California?
Pedestrians are smaller and more difficult for drivers to see. It’s not entirely unsurprising that most pedestrian crashes happen because a driver didn’t see a pedestrian.
That said, many different factors can play a role in a crash.
Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents in Vista include:
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- High speed limits
- Failure to yield the right-of-way at crosswalks and intersections
- Poor lighting
- Poor visibility
- Lack of sidewalks and infrastructure
- Aggressive driving
- Passing too closely to the shoulder or sidewalk
- Lack of crosswalks
- Malfunctioning traffic signals
- Dangerous turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Drunk driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- Other road hazards
San Diego County has invested in significant improvements to improve pedestrian safety. Still, pedestrians continue to be hit by cars at an alarming rate. If you were injured, don’t wait to get legal advice. Call our law offices to schedule a free case review today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Pedestrian Accident in California?
Injured parties aren’t automatically entitled to compensation for their injuries. To successfully seek compensation, you’ll probably have to prove that someone else’s negligence caused your accident.
Negligence is a legal term. It means that someone failed to exercise reasonable caution under the circumstances.
More specifically, to establish negligence, you must prove:
- The responsible party owed you a legal duty of care
- They breached the duty of care or made some type of mistake
- The breach was the direct cause of your accident
- You sustained damages, whether physical injuries, emotional damage, or financial losses
Our lawyers will carefully investigate and gather the evidence you need to prove your case.
That evidence might include:
- Police and accident reports
- Medical records
- Video surveillance footage
- Witness statements
- Photos of the crash scene
- Data from the crash scene
- Opinions of accident reconstruction experts
Remember that you don’t have to prove your case alone. Our experienced lawyers know how to handle cases like yours, so give us a call for a free consultation today.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Pedestrian Accident in California?
It’s important to take legal action quickly if you’re injured in California. Victims must typically file a personal injury lawsuit before the two-year statute of limitations expires.
Wait too long, and you’ll lose your right to seek compensation.
Contact a Vista Pedestrian Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
If you or a family member were hit by a car as a pedestrian in Vista, contact Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers for a free consultation today.
With an experienced Vista pedestrian accident lawyer in your corner, you’ll significantly improve your chances of recovering the maximum compensation available in your case.
Our personal injury law firm in Vista, CA also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Vista
- Brain Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Car Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Catastrophic Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Vista
- Product Liability Attorney in Vista
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Vista, CA
Pedestrian Accident Resources:
- Pedestrian Safety – California Highway Patrol
- Pedestrian Tip Card – California Highway Patrol
- A Resident’s Guide for Creating Safer Communities for Walking and Biking – Federal Highway Administration
- Vista Station – San Diego County Sheriff
Highly Rated Physical Therapists Near Us:
- ProActive Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine: Vista – 1025 Service Pl #200, Vista, CA 92084
- SD Elite Physical Therapy – 410 S Melrose Dr. STE 200, Vista, CA 92081
- Select Physical Therapy – Vista – 400 S Melrose Dr. Suite 215, Vista, CA 92081
- Vista Physical Therapy & Rehab – 115 Main St suite b, Vista, CA 92084
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website. These were some of the highest-rated.
Vista Pedestrian Accident Review:
Read more of our Google Reviews here.