Did you or a family member sustain injuries in a plane accident near Vista, CA? You might be able to recover compensation from the people who were responsible. An experienced Vista aviation/airplane accident lawyer at Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight for compensation to cover medical bills, lost wages, and make up for your pain and suffering.
Our lawyers have over 20 years of experience handling complicated personal injury cases. Since our law firm was founded in 2012, our team has helped injured clients recover over $40 million in compensation.
How Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Aviation/Airplane Accident in Vista
An airplane accident can be nothing short of terrifying. Even if the accident wasn’t a dramatic fiery crash, you could be left struggling with painful injuries for the foreseeable future. An experienced Vista personal injury lawyer can help you recover fair compensation for your losses.
At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ve helped countless clients like you over the years. We understand the complex laws and regulations that will apply in your case. We also know how to force insurance companies to take your case seriously.
Hiring us means you’ll have a lawyer to:
- Investigate the circumstances of the accident
- Locate evidence to prove causation and establish liability
- Hire experts when needed to strengthen your case
- Establish the fair value of your case
- Defend you if you’re blamed for the accident
- Handle all insurance negotiations on your behalf
If you were injured, our Vista personal injury attorneys are here to stand up for you. Just call to schedule your 100% free case evaluation today.
How Common Are Aviation/Airplane Accidents in Vista?
Plane crashes involving commercial airlines are extremely rare. That doesn’t mean that plane accidents are uncommon.
About 220,000 civilian airplanes are registered in the United States. Roughly 90% of those airplanes are classified as general aviation aircraft. These smaller planes are much more likely to be involved in accidents than large commercial planes.
General aviation aircraft are any type of civilian airplanes that aren’t classified as commercial carriers, including:
- Private planes
- Charter planes
- Single-engine prop planes
- Air taxis
Over 80% of the 609,000 pilots that are licensed in the U.S. operate general aviation aircraft. It’s not entirely surprising that most plane accidents involve smaller general aviation aircraft.
The National Transportation Safety Board investigates plane accidents in the United States. According to preliminary data, there were 1,085 airplane accidents reported in the U.S. in 2020. 332 people were killed in plane accidents that year. Another 187 victims sustained serious injuries.
What is My Vista Aviation/Airplane Accident Case Worth?
Serious injuries are expensive. The cost of medical care alone can be shocking. When you’re unable to work during recovery, it can be difficult to make ends meet. That makes it extremely important to recover fair compensation for your injuries.
If someone else’s acts caused your injuries, it’s important to understand your case value before taking legal action. Without information about how much your case is worth, you risk settling for less than you deserve.
Factors that will influence your case value include:
- The nature of your injuries
- The cost of your medical treatment
- How the injury impacts your ability to work
- The duration of your recovery and whether your future earnings are impacted
- How the injury impacts your lifestyle and quality of life
- Whether you’ll suffer a long-term impairment
- Whether you share any blame for the accident
To recover compensation after an accident, you’ll probably have to file a claim with the insurance company first. Insurance companies are known for making it difficult to recover compensation.
Our Vista aviation accident attorneys understand the tricks the insurer will use to scare you into accepting a reduced settlement. To learn more about how we can fight for the maximum compensation you deserve, call our law firm in Vista today.
What Compensation is Available To Aviation/Airplane Accident Victims in California?
Under California personal injury laws, damages are classified based on whether they compensate for economic or non-economic losses.
Examples of the types of economic damages you may be entitled to receive include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Nursing care
- Property damage
Non-economic damages often include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Chronic pain
- Permanent physical disfigurement or scarring
- Anxiety, depression, PTSD, and other mental health disorders
- Loss of consortium
Do you have questions about the types of damages you might be entitled to receive? Contact our lawyers in Vista to schedule a free case review today.
Can I Recover Compensation If I’m Being Blamed for an Aviation/Airplane Accident in California?
California has pure comparative negligence laws. Victims can recover compensation even if they were 99% responsible for their own injuries. Your settlement or verdict will be reduced by your percentage of fault.
You don’t have to accept allegations of blame without a fight. If you’re being accused of causing the accident, call our Vista aviation/airplane accident attorneys to learn more about the contributory fault laws in California.
We’ll Fight To Recover Compensation for All of Your Aviation/Airplane Accident Injuries
Plane crash victims can suffer any number of different injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Crushing injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Head and neck injuries
- Chest injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we’re here to fight for full compensation for all of your injuries. Just give us a call today.
What Causes Most Aviation/Airplane Accidents in Vista, California?
Plane accidents often occur due to pilot error. That said, many different factors can contribute to the cause of an aviation accident.
Some of the most common causes of plane accidents include:
- Inexperienced pilots and plane operators
- Fatigued pilots
- Operating the plane while distracted
- Communication failures
- Air traffic control errors
- Mechanical failures
- Damaged landing equipment
- Failure to properly maintain and inspect the aircraft
- Operating the plane under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Misinterpreting information
- Violation of state or federal aviation regulations
- Defective plane equipment or defective planes
- Malfunctioning software
Whether you were injured in a plane crash, on the runway, or even on the tarmac, our lawyers in Vista are here to protect your legal rights.
We’ll help you identify all parties who may share financial responsibility for your injuries, including:
- Manufacturers of defective plane equipment
- Inspection companies
- Air traffic control personnel
- Owners of private planes
- Government regulatory agencies
Are you ready to learn more about this area of law? Just call for your free initial consultation today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After an Aviation Accident in California?
Unless your case is based on defective airplane safety equipment, you’ll probably have to prove negligence to recover damages. You’ll have to identify the reason that each party is liable after the accident.
Establishing negligence means proving:
- The at-fault party owed you a legal duty of care
- A breach of the duty of care occurred
- The breach of duty caused your accident
- You sustained injuries, or damages, in the accident
Formal plane accident investigations can take months, if not years, to complete. Most accident victims don’t have that kind of time. Our lawyers are available to begin our investigation immediately.
We’ll search for the evidence you need to prove your case, including:
- Accident reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Information about the pilot’s qualifications and experience
- Evidence of past safety violations
- The plane’s inspection and maintenance records
- Information from any black box recording device
- Opinions from accident reconstruction specialists
- Videos, photos, and any hard data from the crash site
The days and weeks following an accident can be overwhelming. They can also be critical to recovering the strongest evidence possible. While you recover, let our law group handle the investigation and find out why you were injured.
What is the Statute of Limitations To File an Aviation/Airplane Accident Lawsuit in California?
A two-year statute of limitations applies under California state law. You must file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of the accident. Otherwise, you’ll forfeit your right to seek compensation.
In plane accident cases, different laws may be involved. That means that a different deadline could apply in your case. Sometimes you’ll have even less time to act. Our lawyers are here to determine the deadline and help you take legal action to protect yourself.
Contact a Vista Aviation/Airplane Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Plane accident cases can be especially complicated. A Vista aviation/airplane accident attorney can help you maximize your financial recovery while you take care of your physical injuries. To learn more, call Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers to learn more about this practice area today. We work on a contingency fee, so don’t hesitate to call for help.
Our personal injury law firm in Vista, CA also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Vista
- Brain Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Car Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Catastrophic Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Vista, CA
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Vista
- Product Liability Attorney in Vista
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Vista, CA
- Assault Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Bus Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA
- Child Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Construction Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA
- Dog Bites Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Sexual Assaults Attorney in Vista, CA
- Spinal Cord Injuries Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Taxi Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Workplace Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA