Are you or a loved one suffering because of a medical error in Vista, CA? Call (619) 344-0360 to contact an experienced Vista medical malpractice lawyer at Petrov Law Firm. We can help you fight to recover compensation for the ongoing pain and suffering you’ve endured.
Since we opened our doors in 2012, we’ve recovered over $40 million for injured clients in Southern California. That money has helped countless injury victims get back on their feet again.
You deserve an experienced lawyer who understands the legal system in San Diego County. To get the legal advice you deserve, contact our law offices in Vista, California, to schedule a free consultation today.
How Petrov Law Firm Can Help With a Medical Malpractice Claim in Vista, CA
You trusted your doctors with your most important asset: your health. If a doctor or health care provider violated that trust, you deserve to hold them accountable. While we can’t turn back the clock, our personal injury attorneys in Vista can help you get the money you need to move on with your life.
Collectively, our lawyers have over 20 years of experience helping clients like you. We’ve gone toe-to-toe with some of the largest insurance companies and hospitals in California. We’re well-prepared to help your family fight for justice.
Our lawyers will help with your medical negligence claim by:
- Investigating to discover the mistake that caused your suffering
- Identifying all parties that share financial responsibility for the mistake
- Calculating the fair value of your injury claim
- Hiring experts and specialists to support your case
- Negotiating with the malpractice insurance companies on your behalf
Getting the maximum compensation you deserve is always our primary goal. If the insurance companies refuse a fair settlement, we’ll fight for you in court.
To learn more, call our law group for a free consultation with our Vista personal injury attorneys today.
How Common is Medical Malpractice in California?
Medical malpractice is more common than any of us would like to believe. According to research from Johns Hopkins, medical mistakes are the third-leading cause of death in the United States.
In 2021 alone, victims of medical malpractice victims in California received about $162,850,350 in compensation.
At Petrov Law Firm, we handle all types of medical malpractice claims, including those involving:
- Anesthesia errors
- Birth injuries
- Bed sores and pressure ulcers
- Emergency room errors
- Medication errors
- Hospital-acquired infections
- Failure to diagnose cancer and other diseases
- Surgical errors
- Nursing negligence
- Hospital negligence
- Pharmacy errors
- Radiology errors
- Failure to obtain informed consent
Are you struggling because a doctor made a mistake? Do you have questions about your legal rights? Call Petrov Law Firm for a free case review today.
What is My Vista Medical Malpractice Case Worth?
Many different factors will influence the value of your medical malpractice case. One of the most significant is the severity of the harm you’ve suffered.
Our lawyers will examine all the facts before we file a claim for compensation. That way, we can fully understand how the mistake has changed your life.
Some of the important factors in establishing your case value include:
- The nature of your injuries
- The cost of any ongoing medical treatment you’ll require
- Whether the doctor’s mistake caused permanent damage
- How your work, education, and quality of life were impacted
- The circumstances of your injury and the nature of the doctor’s actions
A single medical error can change your life forever. If you were harmed or lost a loved one because of medical negligence, reach out to our experienced lawyers today. We’d be happy to schedule a free initial consultation.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Victims of Medical Malpractice?
As with any personal injury case, victims of medical malpractice are entitled to two primary types of damages: economic damages and non-economic damages.
Depending on your situation, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past medical expenses
- Future medical care made necessary because of the mistake
- Lost wages
- Lost earning potential
- Specialized care
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Loss of consortium
- Damages for wrongful death
Our state-bar licensed lawyers are here to help you fight for every dollar you deserve.
Our Vista Medical Malpractice Lawyers Will Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Injuries
Medical negligence can cause significant damage. Our Vista medical malpractice attorneys at Petrov Law Firm will fight to recover fair compensation for any harm you’ve suffered because of your doctor’s mistake.
Some of the most common consequences of medical negligence include:
- A worsened underlying condition
- The need for more painful, invasive, and extensive medical procedures and treatment
- A reduced life expectancy
- Chronic pain
- Severe depression
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Blood clots
- Organ damage
- Heart failure
- Harm caused by dangerous drug interactions
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
A careless medical professional jeopardized your health and happiness. Our lawyers are here to fight for you in any way we can. All you have to do is call our law firm to schedule a free case review today.
What Causes Most Cases of Medical Malpractice in Vista, California?
Medical mistakes can happen for many different reasons.
However, research shows that some of the most common causes of medical malpractice in California include:
- Failure to diagnose a condition
- Charting or communication errors
- Mistaking patients’ identities
- Adverse drug interactions
- Wrong-site surgery
- Failure to order the correct diagnostic tests
- Misinterpreting diagnostic tests
- Failure to take a complete patient history
- Failure to recognize a patient’s symptoms
- Failure to refer the patient to a specialist when needed
- Defective medical devices
- Improper transfusions
- Failure to obtain the patient’s informed consent
- Lack of proper postoperative or post-care instructions
- Failure to monitor the patient
- Understaffing and overworked doctors, nurses, and medical professionals
- Overtreatment or undertreatment
Without medical training, it can be tough to identify the mistake that caused your injuries. Our team at Petrov Law Firm has years of experience handling complex cases like yours. We have the tools to find out what happened and who was responsible.
How Do I Prove Medical Negligence if I Was Harmed by a Medical Error in California?
Doctors make mistakes all the time. After all, healthcare providers are only human. However, some mistakes are so severe that they should never happen.
To prove negligence in a typical car accident or slip and fall case, the victim must establish:
- A legal duty of care
- Breach of duty
Medical malpractice cases are similar but more complex.
In medical malpractice cases, the patient must prove:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care
- The medical standard of care
- The at-fault party’s level of care deviated from the standard of care
- The deviation, or breach, caused you some type of injury or harm
All medical professionals owe patients a legal duty of care. That duty is often called the medical standard of care. Doctors and healthcare providers are only liable for malpractice if the care they provide deviates from the medical standard of care.
That standard is developed by the medical community itself and can vary depending on many different factors, including:
- The type of medical condition or injury involved
- The patient’s age and health
- The doctor’s specialty and training
- The geographic location
Medical malpractice cases are always difficult to prove. Our lawyers at Petrov Law Firm will hire leading medical experts and specialists to help prove your case. With their help, we’ll be able to identify the doctor’s mistake and prove that it deviated from the acceptable standard of care.
How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit in California?
Under California law, the statute of limitations in medical malpractice is three years. You’ll have to file a medical malpractice lawsuit within three years of the injury to recover damages.
The statute of limitations in medical malpractice cases works differently than in other personal injury cases. You have three years to take legal action. However, the law also contains a “date of discovery” rule.
The law is written so that you must file a lawsuit within one year of the date you knew, or reasonably should have known, about your injury.
It’s also possible that you may have more than three years to file a lawsuit if:
- Your case involved fraud
- The responsible party intentionally concealed their actions
- A foreign object that serves no medical purpose was left in your body
These complex deadlines make it important to seek legal advice as soon as you suspect something went wrong. We’re always here to discuss your case, so call our personal injury firm for your free case review today.
Contact a Vista Medical Malpractice Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you harmed because a doctor violated your trust? Our lawyers at Petrov Law Firm are passionate about the practice of law and holding negligent healthcare providers liable for their mistakes.
To learn more about how we can help you maximize your financial recovery, call for a free consultation with an experienced Vista medical malpractice lawyer today.
Our personal injury law firm in Vista, CA also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Vista
- Brain Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Car Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Catastrophic Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Vista, CA
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Vista
- Product Liability Attorney in Vista
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Vista, CA