If you slipped and fell on someone else’s property in Vista, CA, you may be entitled to compensation from a negligent property owner. Call at (619) 344-0360 to contact an experienced Vista slip and fall accident lawyer at Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers. We can help you fight to recover compensation for medical bills, and more.
Since we opened our doors back in 2012, we’ve dedicated our legal practice to protecting the rights of accident victims in North County, San Diego. We’ve recovered over $40 million in life-changing settlements and verdicts for our efforts.
After a slip, trip, or fall accident, contact our law firm in Vista, California, to schedule a free consultation.
How Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Slip and Fall Accident in Vista
Slip and fall injury cases are rarely simple. Although your fall may seem straightforward, insurance companies often challenge these cases. They might claim that you were clumsy or not paying attention. You don’t have to let these scare tactics work.
Instead, call an experienced Vista injury attorney who knows how to handle these types of cases.
At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we have over 20 years of experience between us. We’re serious about holding negligent property owners responsible for the harm they cause, so we’ll fight to maximize your settlement or verdict.
When you hire us, you’ll gain a lawyer to:
- Provide personal attention and guidance
- Gather evidence to support your personal injury claim
- Find out who is legally responsible for your injuries
- Assess your damages
- Consult experts and specialists who can help put a fair value on your future costs
- Negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf
Remember, the insurance company doesn’t want you to hire a lawyer. The property owner might fix the hazard quickly after your fall accident. With an experienced Vista personal injury attorney by your side, you greatly increase your chances of recovering the maximum compensation you deserve.
Do you have questions about your legal options after a slip and fall? Call to create an attorney-client relationship today.
How Common Are Slip and Fall Accidents in Vista, CA?
Slip and fall accidents are a particularly serious problem for older adults. According to CDC research, one in four Americans over the age of 65 experiences a fall each year. Research conducted by San Diego County officials has found that as many as 36,000 older residents suffer fall-related injuries each year.
And those numbers don’t even begin to account for the thousands of younger people who sustain slip and fall injuries each year.
At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we handle all types of slip and fall accident cases, including those that occur in:
- Grocery stores
- Shopping malls
- Big box stores
- Parking lots and parking garages
- Bars and restaurants
- Nursing homes
- Sports complexes
- Office buildings
- Construction sites
- Public parks
- Post offices and government buildings
You might be entitled to significant compensation if you were injured because of dangerous property conditions. To learn more about your legal options, call our Vista slip and fall accident attorneys for a free case review today.
What Is My Vista Slip and Fall Accident Case Worth?
The value of your case depends on your unique circumstances, considering factors such as:
- The nature of your injuries
- The expected duration of your recovery
- The cost of your medical care and out-of-pocket costs
- How the injury will impact your daily life
- Whether you contributed to the accident in any way
- The nature of the at-fault party’s actions
To recover fair compensation, you’ll have to first know how much your personal injury case is worth. Otherwise, you risk accepting a lowball settlement.
Slip and fall claims are common. Because of that, it can be difficult to get the insurance company to take your case seriously. Our lawyers are here to help you demand the full compensation you need.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Slip and Fall Accident Victims?
Depending on the facts, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past and anticipated future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost future earnings
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Nursing care
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Mental health disorders caused by the stress of the injury, including anxiety, depression, PTSD
- Loss of consortium
Some of these damages can be difficult to value in terms of dollars and cents. You won’t have receipts to prove the extent of your suffering. Our lawyers in Vista have handled cases like yours before, and we know how to help. Don’t hesitate to schedule your free case evaluation today.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Slip and Fall Accident in California?
“Blame the victim” is a common strategy in slip and fall cases. Many times, these allegations are unfair. Insurance companies often use shared fault claims to get you to back down or accept less than you deserve.
You don’t automatically lose your right to compensation even if you were partly responsible. California follows pure comparative negligence laws. Liability is divided between everyone who shares partial responsibility. If you were partly at fault, your damages will be reduced to account for your percentage of liability.
Allegations of shared fault can sharply reduce your personal injury case – and the insurance company isn’t always right. If you’re being blamed for an accident, contact an experienced slip and fall attorney at Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers for legal advice today.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
Slips and falls can cause a wide range of injuries, including:
- Broken bones
- Broken hips
- Knee injuries
- Wrist and ankle
- Herniated discs and other back injuries
- Nerve damage
- Strains, tears, and other soft tissue damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Other neck and head injuries
- Back injuries
Some falls have the potential to be fatal, especially if the victim is an older adult. If you lost a loved one in a fatal fall, you can count on our lawyers to help you seek damages for wrongful death.
What Causes Most Slip and Fall Accidents in Vista, California?
While we don’t have to deal with much snow and ice in Southern California, there are still countless ways to slip and fall.
Some of the most common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Slick, slippery, or waxed floors
- Accumulated puddles and spilled liquids
- Crumbling or damaged pavement
- Missing or broken guardrails
- Unsecured rugs or carpets
- Uneven pavement and potholes
- Debris, garbage, and other obstacles in walkways
- Loose electrical cables or wires
- Inadequate lighting
- Missing stair treads or damaged stairs
Property owners in California are required to maintain both the interior and exterior of their premises. So, they can be held liable even if you were hurt on a parking lot, sidewalk or walkway.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Slip and Fall Accident in California?
If you were injured in a fall on someone else’s property, you’d have to prove several different things to recover damages:
- The property owner’s duty of care
- A breach of duty
- The breach caused your fall
- You suffered injuries, or damages, in the fall
The owner’s duty of care depends on why you were visiting the property. Business owners owe invitees a heightened duty of care; they’re visiting the premises so the owner can make a profit.
Slip and fall accident claims are governed by premises liability laws in California. Property owners are legally obligated to keep their property reasonably safe for invited visitors.
While they aren’t typically liable for injuries sustained by trespassers, they do have a responsibility to customers (called invitees) and social guests (called licensees).
The scope of the business owner’s duty includes:
- Fixing any hazardous conditions
- Providing adequate warning about any hazards that can’t be fixed immediately
- Conducting regular property inspections to locate hidden dangers
When you’re visiting a private home, the homeowner’s duties are more limited. They’re required to fix unreasonable dangers or warn you about non-obvious risks. However, they aren’t required to conduct property inspections to find hidden dangers.
If you were injured in a slip and fall, call our law offices today. Our experienced slip and fall lawyers can help you find the evidence you need to prove your case and seek fair compensation.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Slip and Fall Accident in California?
You only have a short period of time to take legal action after a slip and fall. Under California law, a two-year statute of limitations applies in most personal injury cases. If you don’t file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of the fall, you lose your right to sue for damages.
Contact a Vista Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
It’s not always easy to prove you were injured because of a property owner’s negligence. Our lawyers at Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers can help. Call today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Vista slip and fall accident lawyer.
Our personal injury law firm in Vista, CA also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Vista
- Brain Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Car Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Catastrophic Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Vista, CA
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Vista
- Product Liability Attorney in Vista
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Vista, CA
- Assault Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Aviation/Airplane Accidents Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Bus Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA
- Child Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Construction Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA
- Dog Bites Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Sexual Assaults Attorney in Vista, CA
- Spinal Cord Injuries Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Taxi Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Workplace Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA