Have you recently suffered a catastrophic injury in an accident in Vista, CA? Contact Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers at (619) 344-0360 for immediate legal representation. You may have the right to recover compensation, and our Vista catastrophic injury lawyers will fight to get you every cent you deserve.
Since 2014, Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers has been providing winning representation to injury victims and families throughout Southern California. We’ve helped our clients win more than $40 Million in settlements and verdicts.
Put 20+ years of legal experience in your corner. Benefit from our knowledge, reputation, and resources. Call our Vista, California, law office to arrange a time for your free consultation now. Our team is available 24/7/365.
How Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’ve Suffered a Catastrophic Injury in Vista, CA
Catastrophic injuries are associated with sky-high medical bills, disability, chronic physical pain, and extreme emotional distress. If you’re struggling with a catastrophic injury because someone else was negligent, they must be held accountable. These aren’t consequences you need to struggle with on your own.
However, getting all of the compensation you deserve is often easier said than done.
This is where our Vista personal injury attorneys can help.
While you focus on recovering from your injury and adjusting to the changes in your life, we’ll take care of your fight for compensation.
- Conduct a thorough investigation into the accident that caused your catastrophic injury
- Consult with leading medical experts and injury specialists as we analyze evidence, build your claim, and identify what your case is worth
- Seek damages from all liable parties
- Protect you against victim-blaming tactics that could hurt the value of your personal injury case
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other parties to get you the best possible result
If you’re not offered a fair settlement, our respected San Diego trial attorneys will be ready to take your case to a jury.
We work on a contingency fee basis. There’s absolutely no cost to hire our law firm after you’ve suffered a catastrophic injury. You pay nothing unless we win. No win, no fee.
Contact us today to schedule your initial case evaluation.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury is actually a broad term that’s used to describe injuries with severe and debilitating consequences – both short-term and long-term.
These are injuries that:
- Impair motor function
- Limit mobility
- Disrupt cognitive function
- Cause changes in mood and behavior
- Result in chronic, debilitating pain.
Some of the most common examples of injuries that can be classified as catastrophic include:
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Traumatic amputation
- Severe burns
- Multiple fractures or broken bones
When you suffer a catastrophic injury, it’s important to seek medical attention immediately. Medical professionals will evaluate your condition and put together a treatment plan. Your visit will also document your injury and create a link between it and your accident. These things will be critical if you want to file an insurance claim or lawsuit for damages.
What Causes Catastrophic Injuries in Vista, CA?
At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent clients who have sustained catastrophic injuries caused by:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boating accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical negligence
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Defective products
If you or a loved one has sustained a life-changing injury in an accident in Vista, California, call our personal injury attorneys for help. We have 20+ years of experience handling tough cases like yours and are ready to help you win.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury Case Worth?
There are many different factors that will influence what your catastrophic injury case is worth.
Some things to consider:
- What type of injury did you sustain?
- Will you be able to return to work in any capacity?
- How has your ability to earn an income and support your family been affected?
- How will the injury affect your day-to-day life and ability to care for yourself?
- Will you require nursing care or personal care assistance?
- How has being injured so severely affected you emotionally and psychologically?
- How much pain are you in?
The more your life changes – and the more those changes cost you – the more your case will likely be worth.
For instance, not all spinal cord injuries are the same. As a result, the costs of dealing with spinal cord injuries vary.
According to the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation, the average lifetime cost for a spinal cord injury resulting in “incomplete motor function” at any level is about $1.5 Million for a 25-year-old victim. For the same aged victim, the average lifetime cost of a High Tetriplegia injury is north of $4.7 Million.
It’s important to consider things like age, pre-existing conditions, and the unique circumstances of each individual victim. These will absolutely factor into the equation when it comes to valuing a personal injury case.
That’s why it’s important to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney in Vista about the specifics of your case. Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers offers a free case evaluation, and our team would be happy to help you understand what your claim could be worth.
What Kind of Damages Can I Get If I Suffer a Catastrophic Injury in Vista?
If someone else is responsible for putting you in this situation, you can hold them financially accountable. Both economic and non-economic damages can be awarded in a catastrophic injury case.
When you’re dealing with a catastrophic accident, it’s understandable that you’ll experience sky-high costs and experience a great deal of pain.
Economic damages make up for the financial costs of an accident, such as:
- Present medical expenses
- Future medical bills
- Loss of wages and income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Nursing care
- Property damage
Non-economic damages compensate for consequences that don’t have a set financial cost, like:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of consortium
If there’s evidence that your catastrophic injury is the result of fraudulent or malicious behavior, then punitive damages might also be available.
What Do I Have to Prove to Win My Catastrophic Injury Case?
Most catastrophic injuries are the result of accidents that are a result of negligence. Someone has a responsibility to act with a reasonable degree of care but doesn’t. As a result, another person sustains life-changing injuries.
In order to win your personal injury lawsuit and recover compensation for your catastrophic injuries, you’ll have to prove:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- The defendant didn’t act reasonably and breached this duty
- You sustained injuries as a direct and proximate cause of this behavior, and
- You’ve suffered identifiable damages as a result.
In limited cases, like those involving dangerous products or dog bites, then you might not have to prove negligence. Instead, the defendants in those situations can be strictly liable for your catastrophic harm.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit If I’ve Suffered a Catastrophic Injury in Vista, California?
The statute of limitations for most personal injury lawsuits in California is two years. While there may be situations when the timeframe is different, they’re few and far between. And if you miss the deadline that applies to your specific case, you’ll give up the right to recover the money you rightfully deserve.
Can I Still Recover Compensation If I’m Getting Blamed For My Catastrophic Injury?
Yes, because California has a pure comparative fault law on the books. Sharing responsibility for an accident – and resulting trauma – won’t prevent you from recovering compensation. But it will affect the amount of money you’re able to recover.
Your financial award will be adjusted to reflect your own negligence. If you’re assigned 30 percent of the blame, your damages will be reduced by that amount.
At-fault parties and their insurance companies will try to blame you. The more liability you share, the less they’ll have to pay. And when a catastrophic injury is involved, there’s a lot of money at stake.
So, it’s important to be prepared for these types of allegations.
When you have Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers representing you, our Vista catastrophic injury attorneys will be ready to defend you at every turn. We’ll anticipate these strategies and have evidence and facts to discount or minimize these efforts.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Trusted Vista Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Contact Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers for immediate legal assistance if you’ve sustained a catastrophic injury. Our Vista catastrophic injury lawyers are ready to help you seek maximum compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
We’ve helped clients win more than $30 Million in damages and put 20+ years of experience behind every case. Contact our Vista law office to arrange a free case evaluation and learn more today.
What our clients are saying about us
Read more of our Google reviews.
Vista, CA Hospitals
- Tri-City Medical Plaza – 2095 W Vista Way STE 101, Vista, CA 92083
- Monarch HealthCare – 2095 W Vista Way, Vista, CA 92083
- Scripps Coastal Medical Center Vista – 130 Cedar Rd, Vista, CA 92083
- Vista Medical Plaza – 2067 W Vista Way, Vista, CA 92083
Our personal injury law firm in Vista, CA also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Vista
- Brain Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Car Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Vista, CA
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Vista
- Product Liability Attorney in Vista
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Vista, CA
- Assault Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Aviation/Airplane Accidents Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Bus Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA
- Child Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Construction Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA
- Dog Bites Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Sexual Assaults Attorney in Vista, CA
- Spinal Cord Injuries Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Taxi Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Workplace Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA