You may have the right to file a legal claim and demand compensation if you’ve been hurt in a motorcycle accident in Vista, CA. The experienced Vista motorcycle accident lawyers at Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to maximize your financial recovery. Call (619) 344-0360 today for legal help.
Since 2012, our Vista personal injury attorneys have been leading advocates for injury victims and families in Southern California. We are relentless in our pursuit of justice for our clients and have successfully won over $40 million on their behalf.
Our law firm will be there for you after your devastating motorcycle accident, too. Contact our law office, conveniently located in Vista, California, to learn more. We offer a free consultation, so don’t wait to get in touch with us to schedule yours today.
How Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Motorcycle Accident in Vista, CA
You probably have a lot of questions after a motorcycle crash. Why did it happen? Who’s at fault? How do you recover compensation, and from whom? You’re also probably struggling to recover from some pretty severe injuries.
Now is the time for you to focus on recovering, not figuring out how to win a claim for damages. That’s where our Vista personal injury attorneys can help.
At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we have over 20 years of combined experience handling the toughest personal injury cases – and winning big for our clients. While our clients have the opportunity to rest and get better, our team is hard at work on winning millions in their personal injury cases.
When you trust our law firm after your motorcycle crash in Vista, we will:
- Launch a thorough investigation
- Gather evidence to support your claim for damages
- Seek damages from all liable parties
- Defend you against allegations that you’re at fault or share responsibility
- Consult with respected experts and specialists whenever necessary or helpful
- Negotiate with insurance companies and other parties to get you the best possible terms in a settlement agreement
However, if insurance companies refuse to negotiate fairly or extend a fair offer, our respected trial attorneys will be prepared to bring your case to a jury in San Diego County.
Give our law firm a call and arrange a free consultation to learn more. We’re always standing by to help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How Common Are Motorcycle Accidents in Vista?
Compared to other cities of similar size and population, Vista is one of the more dangerous places to ride a motorcycle.
City-wide, motorcycle accidents account for about 8 percent of all motor vehicle accidents in Vista.
What Are the Leading Causes of Motorcycle Wrecks in the North County of San Diego, CA?
When car accidents do involve motorcycles, it’s typically because someone is negligent or careless.
Some of the most common examples of behaviors that cause motorcycle accidents in Vista include:
- Lane splitting
- Unsafe passing
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Distracted driving
- Drunk or impaired driving
- Fatigued driving
- Road rage
- Racing through intersections to “beat” a red or yellow light
- Unsafe turns
Other times, motorcycle accidents happen because of hazardous weather conditions, road defects, dangerous road designs, or defective equipment.
Motorcycle crashes are, for the most part, entirely avoidable events. They just shouldn’t happen. Motorcyclists have to secure an M1 or M2 license before they can hit the open road. This requires the completion of a motorcycle rider training course or a successful road test.
Other motorists on the road have a responsibility to drive safely and follow posted traffic laws.
How Much Money is My Motorcycle Accident Case Worth?
The value of your personal injury case after a motorcycle crash will depend on many factors, including:
- The types of injuries you’ve sustained
- The long-term consequences you’ll face as a result of the crash and your injuries
- Whether you’re still able to work
- The extent of the pain and suffering you experience
- Whether the collision aggravated any pre-existing medical conditions or injuries
- The steps you took to mitigate your motorcycle accident injuries
- If your own negligence contributed to the crash
Generally, cases are worth the most when injuries are catastrophic or fatal. However, every situation is different. So, it’s critical to speak directly with a Vista motorcycle accident attorney about the specific facts and circumstances of your motorcycle wreck. Call Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers to arrange a time for a free case evaluation now.
Can I Still Recover Compensation If I Share Fault For My Motorcycle Accident?
Yes, as long as you aren’t assigned all of the blame. California has adopted a pure comparative negligence law. Anyone who contributes to an accident shares responsibility for the consequences. If you get hurt, your damages are reduced based on your share of the blame.
Let’s say you’re 30 percent at fault. Your financial settlement or jury award will be reduced by 30 percent to reflect that.
So, you could get $70,000 if your case is valued at $100,000.
Other parties will try to blame you. The less liability they share, the less money they’ll have to pay. For insurance companies, it’s all about profits. So if they can save some money by pointing fingers and blaming victims, they will.
Many times, these allegations aren’t based on facts or supported by evidence. However, many motorcycle injury victims don’t fight back. With Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers in your corner, we’ll defend you at every turn. Our motorcycle accident attorneys will be ready for these claims and armed with evidence, arguments, and strategies to minimize your liability. Our goal is to win your case and maximize your financial recovery.
What Compensation Can I Recover After a Motorcycle Accident in Vista?
Economic damages are awarded to make up for the financial expenses and losses related to an accident.
Some common examples include money for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
Non-economic damages, on the other hand, are awarded to compensate for costs of an accident that aren’t easy to value.
These are personal, incredibly subjective harms like:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of quality of life
If there’s clear and convincing evidence to prove that you were injured because someone else hurt you intentionally or showed a conscious disregard for your safety, punitive damages may also be available. These are very rarely awarded in personal injury cases. However, our legal team will consider your case from every angle and pursue all damages you’re entitled to under California state law.
We Help All Injured Motorcycle Riders in Vista, California
Statistically speaking, you’re much less likely to suffer a traumatic brain injury or die in a motorcycle accident if you wear a helmet. But helmets only protect your head – not the rest of your body. The devastation of a crash with a car or another motor vehicle can still cause catastrophic injuries or death.
At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we believe that injured motorcycle riders deserve compensation for all of their injuries when they share little-to-no responsibility.
Call our motorcycle accident lawyers in Vista if you’ve suffered:
- Burn injury
- Broken bones
- Road rash
- Spinal cord injury
- Nerve damage
- Trauma to the eyes or face
- Injuries to the hands, arms, legs, or feet
- Crushing injury
- Soft tissue damage
- Internal organ damage or bleeding
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Always seek medical attention immediately after getting into a motorcycle wreck in Southern California. This simple step can ensure that your injuries are properly treated and give your claim for damages a piece of much-needed evidence.
What’s the Time Limit For Filing a Lawsuit After a Motorcycle Accident in California?
Two years is the statute of limitations that applies to most personal injury lawsuits in California.
There are times when a different time frame might apply. However, these situations are the exceptions rather than the rule.
And if you miss the deadline that applies to your case, you’ll forfeit the opportunity to get the money you genuinely need (and deserve).
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced Vista Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Don’t let the person (or parties) responsible for your motorcycle accident walk away without consequence. Hold them accountable for the harm they’ve caused. Call Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers and enlist the help of our award-winning Vista motorcycle accident lawyers.
Our law firm has won tens of millions for crash victims like you. We fight tirelessly for every one of our clients until we’re able to achieve the best possible results. We’re here to assist you during your time of need – all you have to do is reach out and ask for help.
Contact our law office in Vista to set up a time to discuss your motorcycle accident case. Your initial evaluation is free. We work on a contingency fee basis, so there’s no cost to hire our firm unless we win for you. Get in touch to get started now.
What Our Clients Have To Say About Us
Read more of our Google reviews.
Vista, CA Emergency Rooms
- Tri-City Medical Hospital & Emergency Room – 4002 W Vista Way, Vista, CA 92083, United States
- Perlman Clinic Vista – 204 S Santa Fe Ave, Vista, CA 92084, United States
- Scripps Coastal Medical Center Vista – 130 Cedar Rd, Vista, CA 92083, United States
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.
Our personal injury law firm in Vista, CA also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Vista
- Brain Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Car Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Catastrophic Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Vista, CA
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Vista
- Product Liability Attorney in Vista
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Vista, CA
- Assault Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Aviation/Airplane Accidents Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Bus Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA
- Child Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Construction Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA
- Dog Bites Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Sexual Assaults Attorney in Vista, CA
- Spinal Cord Injuries Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Taxi Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Workplace Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA