Have you recently sustained an injury on someone else’s property in Vista, California? If so, you may be entitled to a substantial monetary award. Contact Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers at (619) 344-0360 to discover how our Vista premises liability lawyers can help you maximize your financial recovery.
Since 2012, our award-winning litigators have helped injury victims across north county San Diego win over 40 million in life-changing financial awards. We put over 20 years of legal experience behind every case and work to get our clients the best possible results.
Let us stand up to negligent property owners, insurance companies, and other tough adversaries on your behalf. Get in touch with our legal team to arrange a free consultation and learn more about how to make that happen today.
How Our Vista Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help With Your Premises Liability Lawsuit
What kind of dangerous condition or hazard caused you to get hurt? Can the property owner be held accountable for your injuries? What happens if the owner or other parties attempt to blame you for getting hurt?
These can be difficult questions to answer, especially when you’re trying to recover from serious injuries. Don’t try to handle your premises liability claim on your own. Our personal injury lawyers in Vista are here to help.
You take the time you need to rest and recover. Focus your energy and effort on getting back on your feet.
While you do that, our top-rated accident lawyers serving Vista, CA, will handle every aspect of your premises liability claim:
- Visit the scene of the accident to analyze the situation, gather evidence, and begin to understand what happened
- Document hazardous conditions and dangers that contributed to your injuries
- Work closely with respected experts and specialists as we build your premises liability case and determine what your damages are worth
- Step in and defend against victim-blaming tactics that can reduce the amount of money you can get for your injuries
- Negotiate with property owners, insurance companies, and other parties on your behalf to get you the best possible terms in a settlement
Sometimes property owners will refuse to negotiate fairly and try to get you to take a lowball offer. Our premises liability attorneys in Vista will be fully prepared to reject insulting offers and bring your case directly to a jury if this happens.
What Is Premises Liability?
Premises liability refers to a law in the state of California that requires property owners to exercise ordinary care in the maintenance of their premises.
If a property owner is negligent in keeping their premises safe for guests and visitors, they can be held financially responsible for resulting harm.
Ultimately, the level of care that’s owed and the steps a property owner has to take to keep people safe depends on why they are visiting the premises.
Under California state law, visitors can be classified as invitees, licensees, and trespassers.
Invitees are individuals who enter premises with the consent of an owner for a purpose related to the owner’s business interests. The visit benefits the property owner in some way. Invitees are also individuals who enter property generally open to the public, such as government buildings and parks.
Invitees can include restaurant patrons, fans at a ballpark, students at the university or college, and people shopping in the grocery store.
Property owners owe invitees the highest duty of care. Invitees must be protected from unreasonable risks of harm. Owners have an obligation to inspect their premises and fix hazards once discovered. If there’s a period of time in which a hazard can’t be fixed right away, invitees must receive an adequate warning.
A licensee is an individual who has consent to enter premises but does so for a personal purpose.
Licenses are people who run into a store to use the bathroom or go to a friend’s house.
In California, property owners must simply warn licensees about concealed risks or hazards that they probably wouldn’t be able to discover on their own.
A trespasser is someone who does not have the owner’s consent to be on the premises.
Under California state law, property owners owe no duty of care when the presence of a trespasser is unknown. However, once a property owner knows that a person is trespassing, they are responsible for exercising ordinary care to keep that person safe.
We Handle All Types of Premises Liability Cases in Vista, California
Premises liability is a broad term that refers to many different types of accidents and injuries that are sustained on someone else’s property.
At the Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent clients in premises liability matters who have been injured due to:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Negligent security
- Swimming pool accidents
- Amusement park accidents
- Playground accidents
- Falls from heights
- Construction site accidents
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Nursing home accidents
- Hospital accidents
If you’ve been hurt on property that’s not yours and believe it was because the owner was negligent, don’t hesitate to contact our personal injury law firm for assistance.
What Do I Have to Prove to Win a Premises Liability Case in California?
If you get hurt on someone else’s property in Vista, California, you’ll have to prove that the property owner was negligent in the care and maintenance of their premises.
This will involve establishing four separate elements:
- The property owner owes you a duty of care
- The property owner breached that duty by failing to exercise ordinary care in the maintenance of their premises (based on your status as an invitee or licensee)
- The property owner’s failure to exercise ordinary care was the direct and proximate cause of your injuries
- You have suffered damages as a result.
Most often, you will have to establish that the owner knew or should’ve known about a dangerous condition and failed to do much or anything about it. As a result, you have sustained injuries and damages.
What’s My Premises Liability Case Worth?
The value of your premises liability case will depend on things like:
- The types of injuries you’ve sustained
- Whether you’re expected to make a full physical recovery
- If you’re still able to work
- Your out-of-pocket cost and expenses
- How old you were when you got hurt
- Whether you share responsibility for your premises liability accident
- How you’ve been impacted by the trauma of your accident
The best way to know how much money you might be able to get by filing a premises liability claim is by speaking with an experienced personal injury attorney in Vista.
Contact Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers to arrange a time for a free case evaluation. Our team will be happy to listen to your side of the story, review available evidence and facts, and offer some preliminary insight into what your case might be worth.
What Damages Can I Get If I’m Hurt on Someone Else’s Property in Vista, CA?
This can include money for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and benefits
- Temporary and or permanent disability
- Reduced quality of life
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Nursing care
- Property damage
If a property owner’s actions were malicious, fraudulent, or oppressive, then punitive damages may also be available to you.
How Long Is the Statute of Limitations for Premises Liability Cases in California?
The statute of limitations for premises liability lawsuits in the state of California is two years. This means you’ll have two years from the date of your accident or whenever you reasonably discover your injury to take action.
You will have less time to act if you believe that the city of Vista or San Diego county is responsible for your accident and trauma. Government claims are subject to an accelerated timetable which will give you a matter of months, rather than years, to act.
Arrange a Free Case Evaluation With an Experienced Vista Premises Liability Lawyer
Don’t hesitate to contact the Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers if you or a loved one has recently been hurt on someone else’s premises in Vista or across North County San Diego, California.
Our Vista premises liability lawyers are ready to help you fight to maximize your financial recovery for medical expenses, lost income, and the distress you’ve experienced.
Our law firm will put 20+ years of experience to work to get you the best possible results in your case. We will stand up to intimidating property owners and tough insurance companies on your behalf while you’re able to focus on getting better.
Our personal injury law firm in Vista, CA also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Vista
- Brain Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Car Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Catastrophic Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Vista, CA
- Product Liability Attorney in Vista
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Vista, CA
- Assault Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Aviation/Airplane Accidents Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Bus Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA
- Child Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Construction Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA
- Dog Bites Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Sexual Assaults Attorney in Vista, CA
- Spinal Cord Injuries Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Taxi Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Workplace Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA