Did you or a loved one sustain serious injuries in a construction site accident in Vista, CA? You may be entitled to recover damages in addition to your workers’ compensation benefits. Call (619) 344-0360 to contact an experienced Vista construction accident lawyer at Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers. We can help you fight to recover the fair compensation you deserve.
Our lawyers have over 20 years of combined experience in personal injury law. Since we opened our doors, we’ve won over $40 million on behalf of our injured clients.
Our lawyers believe that you deserve to understand your legal rights if you were injured. That’s why we offer free consultations. Contact our law offices in Vista, California to schedule a free consultation today.
How Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Construction Accident in Vista, CA
Construction workers risk their safety on a daily basis. When you’re injured on the job, you deserve to know that California laws will protect your financial security. Unfortunately, the workers’ compensation system in California can be complicated. The insurance company will challenge your claim at every turn–and it can be difficult to know whether you’re getting the fair compensation you deserve.
That’s where an experienced Vista personal injury lawyer can help. At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we’ve been helping injured construction workers for two decades.
When you hire our top-rated legal team to fight for your rights, you can expect an attorney who will:
- Launch a comprehensive independent investigation into your accident
- Gather all available evidence and review your medical records
- Determine whether you’re eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit
- Assess the fair value of your workers’ compensation claim
- Protect you if your right to workers’ comp is challenged
- Defend you if your workers’ compensation claim is denied
- Negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf
Our lawyers handle cases like yours on a regular basis. We know how the system works and how to get the most compensation possible. If you were injured, call our Vista personal injury attorneys to create an attorney-client relationship today.
How Common Are Construction Accidents in Vista?
The construction industry in California is booming. About 102,510 workers were employed in the construction industry in California as of May 2021.
Construction is also a highly dangerous industry. According to data published by the U.S.Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), 463 workers died on the job in California in 2020 – and 148 of those workers were employed in the construction industry.
What is My Vista Construction Accident Case Worth?
The value of your personal injury claim depends on a number of different factors. One important factor is the identity of the at-fault party. Work accident victims typically aren’t entitled to sue their employers under California workers’ compensation laws.
The value of your workers’ compensation claim depends on:
- Your average weekly wages prior to the accident and injury
- The duration of your recovery
- The cost of your medical treatment
- Whether you can work in any limited capacity during your recovery
- Whether your disability is temporary or permanent
Victims who were injured because of a negligent third party are entitled to sue for additional damages. If your injuries were caused by someone other than your employer, you might be entitled to sue the negligent third party.
For example, you may have a valid personal injury lawsuit against:
- A negligent driver in a car accident
- The manufacturer of a defective product
- A property owner who failed to maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition
- General contractors or subcontractors
- Third-party vendors or suppliers
If you’re entitled to file a third-party claim, the value of your personal injury case depends on:
- The severity of your injuries
- How the injury will impact your quality of life
- Your emotional and physical suffering
- The strength of your negligence case
- Whether you share any blame for the accident
Our lawyers are here to help with the valuation process. Often, we’ll bring in experts and other specialists who can help put a dollar value on your intangible losses and estimated future expenses. To learn more about how we can help, call our Vista workers’ compensation attorneys for a free case review today.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Construction Accident Victims in California?
California workers’ compensation laws are designed to compensate work accident victims for their economic damages after an accident.
Workers’ compensation benefits include:
- All reasonable and necessary medical care
- Temporary disability benefits
- Permanent disability benefits
- Supplemental job displacement benefits if you have a permanent partial disability
- Death benefits for the families of fatal construction accident victims
If you’re eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit, you can also seek compensation for your non-economic losses.
Examples of the types of damages you may be entitled to receive include:
- Past and future medical bills
- 100% of your lost wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
Our lawyers can help you determine your legal options for recovering fair compensation after an accident. To learn more, contact our Vista workers’ comp lawyers for a free case evaluation today.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Construction Accident Injuries
Our lawyers at Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers often represent construction workers who have sustained:
- Broken bones
- Back injuries
- Eye and facial injuries
- Hearing damage
- Repetitive stress injuries caused by heavy lifting
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Organ damage
- Crushing injuries
- Chest injuries
- Catastrophic injuries
We understand that it can be tough to get around if you were injured on the job. Our lawyers would be happy to set up a time to visit you at home or in the hospital. Just give us a quick call to schedule a free initial consultation.
What Causes Most Construction Accidents in Vista, California?
Construction is a dangerous industry. Anyone who’s worked on a construction site knows that there are countless ways to be hurt. Still, many accidents can be prevented. They often happen because employers cut corners to maximize their profits.
Some of the most common causes of construction accidents are:
- Lack of proper protective equipment
- Lack of fall protection
- Improperly installed scaffolding
- Communication failures
- Failure to properly train and supervise workers
- Negligent property maintenance
- Unsafe or poorly maintained work equipment and tools
- Failure to follow state and federal safety regulations
Our lawyers know how to help you get to the bottom of things and determine the cause of your construction site injuries. To learn more, call our Vista construction accident attorneys for a free case review.
We Handle All Types of Construction Accident Cases in Vista and San Diego County
According to OSHA research, the most dangerous construction site accidents involve the “fatal four,” which are:
- Fall accidents
- Workers being struck by objects
- Workers being caught between two objects
While these are the four most deadly types of work-related accidents, they’re by no means the only way employees are injured on a construction site.
At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we often represent clients in construction site accident cases involving:
- Scaffolding accidents and falls
- Falls from roofs, ladders, and other heights
- Fires and explosions
- Electric shock
- Building collapses
- Industrial accidents
- Welding accidents
- Accidents involving heavy machinery
- Unsafe work equipment
- Truck accidents
- Nail gun accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
If you were injured on a construction site in Vista, our lawyers are here to help you understand your legal rights.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Construction Accident in California?
Most personal injury lawsuits are based on negligence.
To prove negligence, you must establish the following four elements:
You won’t have to prove negligence to recover benefits under California’s no-fault workers’ compensation laws. In fact, you can typically receive workers’ compensation benefits even if you were entirely responsible for your own injuries.
Our lawyers in Vista can help you gather the proof you’ll need to submit to the insurance company. We’ll interview witnesses, examine safety reports, and dig deep to find any other valuable evidence to support your claim.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Construction Accident in California?
Injured workers in California have two years from the date of their accident to file a personal injury lawsuit against a negligent third party. Once the statute of limitations expires, you forfeit your right to seek compensation.
You’ll have to take action more quickly to protect your right to benefits under California workers’ comp laws. You must report your injury to your employer within 30 days of the accident. Wait too long, and you might lose your right to file a claim for workers’ compensation benefits.
Contact a Vista Construction Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you or a loved one injured on a construction site? Don’t wait too long to contact an experienced Vista construction accident lawyer. Our team at Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers is here to help you understand your options for recovering fair compensation. Just give us a call or fill out our contact form for a free consultation today.
Our personal injury law firm in Vista, CA also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Attorney in Vista
- Brain Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Car Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Catastrophic Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Vista, CA
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Vista
- Product Liability Attorney in Vista
- Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer in Vista
- Wrongful Death Attorney in Vista, CA
- Assault Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Aviation/Airplane Accidents Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Bus Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA
- Child Injuries Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Dog Bites Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Sexual Assaults Attorney in Vista, CA
- Spinal Cord Injuries Attorneys in Vista, CA
- Taxi Accidents Lawyers in Vista, CA
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Vista, CA
- Workplace Accidents Attorney in Vista, CA