Have you suffered injuries in an auto accident with a big rig, tractor-trailer, or another large commercial truck in Carlsbad, CA? You may be entitled to file a lawsuit against the truck driver or another responsible party. Our Carlsbad truck accident lawyers at Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers can help you fight to maximize your financial recovery, call (619) 344-0360 today.
Since 2012, our law firm has been a leader in personal injury litigation, leading catastrophically injured clients to over $40 million in financial awards.
Put our resources, experience, and winning reputation in your corner. Contact online our law office in Carlsbad, CA to set up a time for a free, no-obligation case evaluation with a member of our respected legal team today.
How Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help If You’re Hurt in a Tractor-Trailer Accident in Carlsbad, CA
Once you’ve been in a large truck accident, your life can change forever. The injuries you suffer can be catastrophic, and the financial repercussions can touch every corner of your life.
Trucking companies and insurance carriers won’t make it easy for you to recover the compensation you’ll need and deserve to move forward with your life. The best way to ensure a successful result is by hiring an experienced Carlsbad personal injury lawyer to represent you.
At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we appreciate that this is your one opportunity to recover damages for:
- Your medical bills,
- Lost income,
- and other losses related to your accident.
We are ready to invest whatever time and resources are needed to get you the results you deserve.
Here’s what you can expect as we handle every aspect of your truck accident case:
- A thorough investigation of your truck accident to determine why it happened, how it could’ve been avoided, and who’s likely at fault
- Careful examination of photographs, video footage, truck black box data, physical evidence from the scene, witness reports, medical records, vehicle inspection and maintenance logs, and other evidence that can be beneficial to your claim
- Consultations with respected experts and specialists who can provide critical insight as we build and value your case
- Tough negotiations with trucking services, insurance companies, and other parties on your behalf
- A California trial attorney who is fully prepared to go to court if you are not offered a fair settlement
Our truck accident attorneys in Carlsbad work on a contingency fee basis. We will front all of the costs of your case and assume all of the risks. You pay nothing unless we win your case.
We offer a free case evaluation so that you have the opportunity to learn about our law firm as well as your legal rights and options. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our team in Carlsbad to arrange a time for your initial consultation today.
Carlsbad Truck Accident Statistics
Every year, there are thousands of large truck accidents reported across the state of California. Many of these unfold in more densely populated urban regions of the state – like San Diego County.
- In 2021, there were 372 truck crashes reported in San Diego County.
A total of 494 people suffered injuries in these San Diego County truck accidents, with:
- 281 reporting possible injuries
- 165 reporting suspected minor injuries, and
- 33 reporting suspected serious injuries.
At least 19 people were killed in fatal truck accidents in San Diego County that year.
According to preliminary crash statistics, nine of these truck accidents happened in Carlsbad in 2021. There were at least ten victims, with six reporting possible injuries, three reporting minor trauma, and one sustaining catastrophic injuries.
What Are the Top Causes of Large Truck Accidents in California?
Truck accidents, for the most part, shouldn’t happen because:
- Truck drivers have to demonstrate superior knowledge of California trucking laws, pass tough safety tests, and get a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) before they can operate a big rig.
- Strict state and federal laws regulate the trucking industry, meaning that trucking companies, manufacturers, and drivers are held to high standards.
- All motorists on the road in Carlsbad have a duty to drive with care and follow posted traffic safety laws.
The vast majority of truck accidents are a result of human error.
Those human errors, or negligence, often include:
- Speeding or driving too fast for road conditions
- Texting and driving or other forms of driver distraction
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while fatigued, often as a result of violating the FMCSA’s hours of service regulations
- Uneven cargo loads
- Driving in a truck’s blindspot
- Negligent hiring
- Vehicle malfunction or defect
- Failing to perform regular vehicle maintenance
- Failing to perform required pre-and post-trip inspections
Our team will work hard to identify every potential cause of your large truck accident in Carlsbad. Understanding why your accident happened will allow us to pursue compensation from anyone who directly or indirectly contributed to your crash.
Who Could Be Liable For My Carlsbad Truck Accident Injuries?
Potentially liable parties in a California truck accident case could include:
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Truck brokers
- Freight services
- Truck manufacturers
- Third-party motorists
- Bicyclists or pedestrians
- Property owners
- Government agencies
You could also be liable for damages resulting from your Carlsbad truck accident.
If your negligence contributed to the wreck, you may be proportionately responsible for your share of the blame. Under California’s pure comparative fault rule, this means that your damages could be reduced.
For instance, if you are in a truck accident and suffer damages valued at $100,000, you would be able to recover $80,000 if you are assigned 20 percent of the fault.
Our personal injury attorneys in Carlsbad will work hard to ensure that fault and liability are assigned appropriately. We’ll be ready to defend you against victim-blaming strategies that are designed to limit how much money you are awarded when your case is resolved.
What’s My Carlsbad Truck Accident Case Worth?
Many factors will affect how much money you can get after a truck accident in Carlsbad, CA.
- What injuries have you suffered?
- Will you recover fully, or is it likely that you’ll be diagnosed with a permanent impairment or disability?
- Are you able to continue working?
- What are your out-of-pocket costs and expenses?
- Do you share responsibility for the large truck accident?
- Did you take the necessary steps to mitigate your injuries?
- How old were you at the time of the accident?
- What is the extent of your pain and suffering?
The more severe your injuries and the greater the impact the accident has on your life, the more money you can generally expect to recover when you file a truck accident claim.
Of course, every case is different. To get a sense of what your truck accident case might be worth, you should speak with an experienced Carlsbad truck accident attorney. Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers is always available to take your call, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What Damages Are Available to Victims of Semi-Truck Accidents in Carlsbad?
When a car accident involves a large truck, victims are generally entitled to seek :
- And non-economic damages.
Our team will aggressively pursue all damages available to you, which can include money for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages and income
- Lost work benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage
- Nursing care
- Funeral and burial costs, if a truck accident is fatal
There are also times when punitive damages may be sought in a Carlsbad truck accident case. To receive a punitive award, there must be clear and convincing evidence that the defendant acted maliciously, with oppression, or fraudulently.
How Much Time Will I Have to File a California Truck Accident Lawsuit?
The second anniversary of your truck accident will generally be the deadline for filing a claim for damages.
That’s because California has a two-year statute of limitations that applies to most personal injury lawsuits.
Once two years go by, you will lose the right to recover compensation if you haven’t filed your claim.
Truck Accidents Cause Severe, Life-Threatening Injuries
While truck drivers can get hurt in accidents involving their rigs, occupants of other vehicles tend to suffer the worst consequences.
At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we represent truck accident victims who have suffered:
- Nerve damage
- Crushing injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Back injury
- Neck injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injury
- Internal bleeding and damage to internal organs
- Wrongful death of a family member, and more.
The first step you should take after a truck accident in Carlsbad is to seek medical treatment. Prompt care will help to ensure that internal trauma is diagnosed and that all of your injuries are taken care of right away. This will limit the risk of complications, infection, and death. Once your condition is stable, reach out to our Carlsbad truck accident attorneys to discuss your legal rights and options.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Trusted Carlsbad Truck Accident Lawyer
You could be entitled to a sizable financial award if you’ve recently been injured in a truck accident in Carlsbad, California. In order to make the most of your claim for damages, you want to level the playing field. That’s why our Carlsbad truck accident lawyers should be your first call for help.
We’ll stand up to powerful insurance companies and large trucking companies on your behalf to ensure that they are held accountable for all of your injuries and suffering.
Your first consultation is 100% free, so call our San Diego County law office or reach out to us online to schedule yours today.