Many people believe if they are injured in a single-vehicle accident in California, they cannot recover compensation for their injuries and damages. However, that assumption isn’t always true. You could have several legal options for financial recovery after a single-vehicle accident.
With over 20 years of combined legal experience and a track record of recovering millions of dollars in compensation for our clients, the team at Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers is ready to take on your case. We are dedicated, experienced, and trusted car accident lawyers in Vista, CA. We’ll fight to obtain the best possible settlement or jury verdict for you.
How Our Vista Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You With a Single-Vehicle Accident Claim
It doesn’t matter whether one car or five cars were involved in your accident. You deserve fair compensation for damages from the party who caused the crash. At Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers, we want to help you receive the money you deserve.
Our lawyers are recognized by local and national legal organizations. Our commitment to our clients and legal experience has earned us top ratings as Vista personal injury attorneys.
When you hire our highly skilled Vista car accident lawyers, you can expect us to:
- Investigate the cause of the single-vehicle accident to determine how it occurred
- Identify all parties who could be liable for your damages
- Work with experts, including accident reconstructionists, when necessary
- Determine how much your case is worth after carefully documenting your damages
- File insurance claims and work to obtain a fair settlement
- Defend you against allegations of shared fault, which could reduce how much you receive for your claim
- File a lawsuit and take the case to trial if that is the best option
Are you ready to pursue a personal injury claim in Vista, California? If so, we’re ready to meet with you. Call our Vista car accident attorneys to schedule a free case evaluation to discuss your situation and how we can help you.
Common Causes of Single-Vehicle Accidents in Vista, CA
A single-vehicle accident is a crash involving only one vehicle. The accident could involve colliding with a bicyclist or pedestrian. The driver might hit a fixed object, or the vehicle could roll over.
Common causes of single-vehicle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Road rage and aggressive driving
- Fatigue and drowsy driving
- Animals suddenly entering the road
- Driving under the influence
- Missing or damaged guardrails
- Actions of other drivers
- Malfunctioning lights or missing road signs
- Vehicle defects
- Unsafe road conditions and/or design
- Failing to follow traffic laws
- Poorly maintained and/or designed roads
We’ll examine the factors that contributed to the cause of the accident to determine why you were injured and who is responsible.
When Can I File a Personal Injury Claim for a Single-Vehicle Accident in Vista, California?
Do not assume that you have no options if you were injured in a single-vehicle accident. You may be able to file an insurance claim with an at-fault party’s provider.
People who may file an insurance claim after a single-vehicle accident include:
- Passengers in the vehicle involved
- Pedestrians and bicyclists who are struck by a vehicle
- Individuals riding on the back of a motorcycle
- People who crash due to road defects or other unreasonable hazards
Legal responsibility for a single-vehicle accident depends on several factors. The person who caused the accident is generally liable for damages.
The driver in a single-vehicle accident could be at fault. However, other parties could also be liable. Vehicle manufacturers, other drivers, government entities, a business that furnishes alcohol to a drunk driver, and other parties could share some of the liability for a single-vehicle accident.
Examples of Damages You Could Receive After a Single-Vehicle Accident in Vista, CA
Examples of damages in a single-vehicle accident claim include:
- Past and future medical bills and expenses
- Loss of quality of life and enjoyment of life
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Rehabilitative therapies
- Lost wages, benefits, and earning capacity
- Pain and suffering from physical injuries, mental anguish, trauma, and emotional distress
- Disabling conditions and impairments
- In-home and long-term nursing and/or personal care
- Property damage
The amount you receive after a single-vehicle accident depends on many factors. Hiring an experienced Vista single-vehicle accident attorney gives you the best chance of receiving a fair settlement when battling insurance companies.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Vista Single-Vehicle Accident Lawyers
Single-vehicle collisions can result in complicated personal injury cases. However, when you hire Petrov Personal Injury Lawyers to handle your claim, you can trust that a seasoned, experienced, and aggressive Vista personal injury lawyer will guide you. Our legal team will support you through the process while your attorney aggressively pursues your claim.