Red and yellow light accidents have become a serious concern in recent years. The increasing awareness of distracted driving has focused attention on the importance of obeying traffic signals.
Even when you are paying attention to the road, there is still a risk of crossing an intersection against a yellow light – or even running a red light if you are late or not paying enough attention.
The resulting collisions can cause significant injury and death, which is why drivers need to be especially careful when navigating intersections with shifting lights. Taking extra time to slow down or stop at flashing yellow lights, for example, can help reduce the chances of these types of car accidents and keep roads safer for everyone.
If you’ve been involved in a yellow or red light accident and need help recovering compensation from the at-fault party, it’s important to contact an experienced Vista car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Call Petrov Law Firm at (619) 344-0360 for a free consultation.
How Our Vista Car Accident Attorneys Can Help After a Red or Yellow Light Collision
When it comes to legal representation, you want the best. You are looking for a lawyer that brings experience, knowledge, and expertise to the table. That’s where we come in.
- Our lawyers understand the importance of having experienced counsel when facing a legal issue in Vista, California. With 20+ years of combined experience, you can rest assured that we are well-equipped to handle your case.
- We recognize how important financial compensation can be following an injury and strive to ensure that our clients receive the maximum amount possible in their case. We have recovered more than $40 million for our clients.
- We understand how daunting it can be to deal with a legal situation when English isn’t your native language. We make sure that every client is well-understood by having members of our multilingual legal team at hand who speak both Russian and Spanish fluently.
- We will skillfully handle your car accident claim from start to finish and explain your rights and options every step of the way. You’ll never have to wonder about the status of your case.
Contact Petrov Law Firm today to schedule a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Vista, CA.
How Do Red and Yellow Light Accidents Happen?
Red and yellow light car accidents occur when a driver fails to obey the traffic signals at an intersection. These types of collisions can lead to serious injury or even death due, in part, to the high speed of vehicles coming from two directions at once.
There are a few common causes of red and yellow light accidents that drivers should be aware of. For example, drivers may run red lights because they are distracted by their phones or other external distractions such as billboards or street signs.
Drivers may also fail to stop at yellow lights if they are in a hurry and don’t have enough time to stop safely before crossing an intersection.
What Types of Injuries Occur During Red and Yellow Light Car Accidents?
Some of the most common injuries from these types of car accidents include:
- Whiplash and other neck injuries from the sudden jolt or impact experienced during a collision
- Broken bones, fractures, and dislocations, particularly to arms and legs, during an abrupt stop
- Head trauma caused by hitting one’s head on the steering wheel or window or due to the airbag deployment
Other possible injuries include internal injuries caused by the forced shockwave of an impact with another object as well as abrasions and lacerations from being exposed to broken glass or other debris.
Proving Liability for Red and Yellow Light Accidents in Vista, California
In cases involving red light accidents, liability typically falls on the driver who ran the red light. This is because the other driver has the right-of-way when entering an intersection on a green signal. If the driver who had the green signal was speeding excessively or driving recklessly, there could be shared liability.
Interpreting Yellow Lights
Liability issues related to yellow lights can be more complicated than those associated with red lights. Generally speaking, when interpreting yellow lights, drivers must take into account their own speed and distance from the intersection when deciding whether or not it is safe to proceed through the intersection without causing an accident.
If drivers fail to exercise reasonable caution when approaching an intersection with a yellow light, they may be considered liable for any resulting damages or injuries that occur during an accident.
Our Vista red and yellow light accident attorneys will evaluate the facts of your case to help you prove liability.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Vista Red and Yellow Light Accident Lawyers
We are dedicated to helping our clients obtain justice by delivering comprehensive legal services every step of the way. That includes thoroughly investigating the incident while utilizing experts like accident reconstruction specialists when necessary.
Moreover, if your case goes to trial, we will be prepared to zealously advocate on your behalf using any evidence or witnesses that can be presented in court proceedings.
If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident, a Vista red and yellow light accident lawyer can help. Contact Petrov Law Firm today to schedule a free consultation.