If you were recently injured in a highway crash in Vista, California, you may have a right to financial compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain, and suffering. The Vista highway crash lawyers at Petrov Law Firm have helped accident victims for more than 20 years obtain the compensation they deserve after being injured because of the negligence of others.
To seek legal guidance after a highway crash, contact the Vista car accident lawyers at Petrov Law Firm for help. We can explain your legal rights during a free consultation at (619) 344-0360.
How Our Vista Car Accident Attorneys Can Help After a Highway Crash
If you were hurt in a car accident, the Vista highway crash attorneys at Petrov Law Firm can help. We can stand up to insurance companies and demand maximum recovery. Our tireless efforts have resulted in more than $40 million in recovery for our deserving clients.
We will help assemble your claim by:
- Investigating the cause of the accident and all parties responsible
- Gathering evidence to help show that the other driver was at fault
- Working with your medical providers to ensure you receive the quality care you deserve
- Creating a legal strategy personalized to the strengths of your case
- Calculating the full extent of the losses you’ve suffered
- Negotiating for fair compensation
Give us a call today to ask us any questions you have about the claim process. Your initial consultation is free, so there’s no risk or obligation to request our help after a collision in Vista, CA.
Why Are Highway Crashes So Dangerous?
California highways are often dangerous. Many traffic fatalities occur on highways in California every year. Highway crashes tend to happen at greater frequency because of the higher volume of traffic on these busy roadways.
Additionally, many highway crashes occur at higher speeds, which are associated with:
- Loss of vehicle control
- Increased stopping distance once the driver recognizes a danger
- More serious injuries
- Less effective safety equipment
- Increased crash severity
An experienced Vista car accident lawyer can investigate the crash and why it occurred.
Why Do Highway Crashes Occur in Vista, California?
Highway crashes can occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Drowsy driving
- Unsafe road conditions
- Failing to follow traffic signals or signs
- Poorly maintained roads
- Following too closely
- Impaired driving
Once your lawyer uncovers why the crash occurred, they can begin proving the other driver’s fault.
How Do I Prove That the Other Driver Was At Fault for a Vista Highway Crash?
All drivers have a responsibility to drive in a safe manner. If they breach this duty, they can be held financially responsible for the harm they cause. However, it is first necessary to prove that the other driver was at fault.
Proof may include:
- An accident report showing that the other driver violated the law or a safety rule
- Witness statements that say how the other driver violated the law
- Photos or videos of the accident scene
- Damage to the vehicle that indicates the point of impact
- Reports from an accident reconstruction expert
This proof often comes from the actions you take immediately after an accident.
What Should I Do After a Highway Crash in California?
There are steps you can take immediately after a highway crash to protect your health and legal claim, including:
- Call 911 after the accident and request an ambulance and police.
- Explain in factual statements how the accident occurred.
- Do not admit fault or apologize for the accident.
- Exchange information with the other driver.
- Get the contact information for any witnesses.
- Take pictures of the injuries you sustained, damage to the vehicles, and wide shots of the accident scene.
- Seek immediate medical attention.
- Request a copy of the CHP report.
Finally, reach out to a knowledgeable car accident lawyer in Vista who can recommend the next steps.
How Much Is My Vista Car Accident Claim Worth?
Every car accident claim is different, as is its value.
There are several factors that can potentially affect the value of your claim, including:
- The severity of your injuries – the more severe your injuries, the more expensive they will be to treat and the bigger impact they will have on your life
- The amount of income you lose because of the accident, including any long-term loss in your earning potential
- Your own responsibility for the accident since California’s pure comparative negligence law reduces the amount of compensation based on your degree of fault
- The out-of-pocket expenses you incur because of the accident, such as deductibles, home modifications necessary for a disability caused by the accident, and rental car expenses
- Whether you have a personal injury lawyer and the level of their skill
- The severity of property damage you suffer
- Personal factors, such as your age, health, and pre-existing conditions
The compensation you recover is also based on the economic and non-economic losses you incur, such as:
- Costs to repair damage to your car
- The cost of medical treatment immediately after the accident and the medical costs you anticipate incurring in the future
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
Your car accident lawyer can give you a better idea about the potential value of your case.
Contact an Experienced Vista Highway Crash Attorney for Assistance
If you were hurt in a car accident, reach out to the experienced Vista highway crash lawyers at Petrov Law Firm for help. We can answer your questions, address your concerns, and explain your legal rights during a free and confidential consultation.